AX-7 Patch mapping

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
john3734

AX-7 Patch mapping

Post by john3734 »

Hey there

I have just bought an AX-7 and wants to control my Korg M3 with it. I have heard about patch mapping, and that seems to be the thing i´m looking for. F.ex. when I select patch 11 on the AX-7, it calls the M3´s program 43 - and the AX-7´s patch 23 calls the M3´s combi 89, and so on.
But - I can´t figure it out. Must I "midiwire" the AX-7 and the M3 during the programming? - and how can I store my settings?

I am a midi newbie, so I really hope someone can help me - or direct me to a place where I can get some help.

thanx in advance
John
SoulBe

Re: AX-7 Patch mapping

Post by SoulBe »

Hi John,

as far as I know, there is no midi patch mapping possible on the AX Synth by now.
Normally you can program a controller keyboard which program change and bank change message should be sent to the slave (your M3).
The solution I found is to programm a bank on my slave synth, where I put the sounds that I need in the correct line.
It would be nice to have a midi mapping possibility in an OS update; couldn´t be that difficult, to program for ROLAND?!

edit: Sorry, you were referring to the AX-/ and I was referreing to the AX Synth ...

For the AX 7 see page 16 of the manual, this should answer your question:

media.rolandus.com/manuals/AX-7_OM.pdf

regards
SoulBe