is sound bank from fantom X or G?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
delirium

is sound bank from fantom X or G?

Post by delirium »

I just wonder what kinda piano and EP's they put into AX-09///
gius.prenc

Re: is sound bank from fantom X or G?

Post by gius.prenc »

Hi,

I do not know exactly, but I do not like them (ac piano/el piano): I own both Fantom G and X, and I do not find these sound comparable at all.

I like very much pads, leads, and synth brass.

Regards,

G.
delirium

Post by delirium »

hey thanks,
that's a pity, but are they at least playable?
gius.prenc

Post by gius.prenc »

Yes, they are playable, but I would not use them as my first piano patches in a live gig!

Regards,

G.
5thElement

Post by 5thElement »

I actually find them very playable in a live band setting. Acoustic piano is not the finest (got a NE3 for that) but really cut through the mix as do the EPs and organs - guitars are really good as they seem to have the bender/mod bar balance spot on. Even like the "Honky Tonk" piano.

I've been amazed at the quality of most of the sounds on the AX-09 (for live play at least) and will probably use it for gigs on its own. I do vocals as well and this little baby (black version) has added a whole new dynamic to the band. (even the lead guitarist was impressed! - and that's never happened before!)

I think most of the sounds are from the G (maybe cut down). They are certainly better than my Juno Stage.

Just to add that practising with MP3 backing tracks on a memory stick is a lot of fun and my solo play has improved more than its ever done on any other keyboard.

Cheapest and most interesting board I've ever owned! Helluva package for live play and guitarist baiting!