Why did Roland have to come out with a black one?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Arjan

Why did Roland have to come out with a black one?

Post by Arjan »

I'll admit I've always had a secret longing for a Keytar (back in the 80's) but that was long ago and for a long time they weren't available as much (afaik) plus even though I can now easily afford one I felt they could now only be considered somewhat cheesy. Enter the Roland with the Synth AX. Luckily for me it was in white and I didn't like how it looked (mainly because of the color) so I could pass on that one. Then they came out with the Lucina which I didn't like the looks of at all (regardless of color) plus just 3 octaves so again it was easy to decline that one as well.

Then just a week or so ago I finally found out, entirely by accident, that there is now a black AX Synth and it does look kinda cool, if played properly. Damn you Roland, I don't care anymore how cheesy Keytars may be, I just had to get one so I ordered one (in black of course) and should have it next Wednesday. Damn you damn you damn you.
Septimo

Re: Why did Roland have to come out with a black one?

Post by Septimo »

Because the white looks cheap... Besides, what do you have against black? Let's not be racist... ;-)
5thElement

Post by 5thElement »

Because black is the only colour for a keyboard? (oh! and Nord Red obviously!)

The black sparkle finish on my AX-09 is superb. Gives a real quality finish to the board (unlike Roland white IMO)
vinotto

Post by vinotto »

Because BLACK should be THE COLOR of all keyboards !!!!
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

Once you go black you can't go back.

Seriously tho, if you want a white keyboard, like Gaga, paint it ur d&m#self.

and seriously, Nords?
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

You could have the best of both worlds! Black & White.

PiaKnowGuy
Please feel free to listen to Pirates
PiaKnow
dbijoux

Post by dbijoux »

I totally get it now!

It's really a question of whether you like to play in C or F#.
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

Because the white looks cheap...

Totally. Had they stuck to white I could easily have continued to ignore the Synt AX. But the black one has given me G.A.S.
Besides, what do you have against black? Let's not be racist... ;-)

Well, my JP-8000 and JP-8080 are dark blue, my Fantom X is silver, my Korg CX-3 is actual wood so I can't be accused of being racist :-)

The only black keyboards I have are my D-10, D-70 (which I don't use anymore) and my XV-5080 module and soon my AX in beautiful black.
Because BLACK should be THE COLOR of all keyboards !!!!

Except for my Korg CX3 I tend to agree with that statement, even though I've come to accept my Fantom X with it's brushed aluminum. We all have our shortcomings ;-)
phattbuzz

Post by phattbuzz »

I just bought the white one, and I think it'll look real cool under the band lights!
TekMaestro

Post by TekMaestro »

I have got to agree with you!!! Dammit, dammit, dammit. Why did they have to come out with a black one? I am all the way in Afghanistan and I am going to have to buy one. And have it shipped here. And find time and a place to play it. All because they made a black one. Dammit, dammit, dammit! I gotta go order one right now. And a SKB hardshell case to put it in. All this time I have been saying "If they made it in black I would buy one" Now they go and make it in black. Perfect, just perfect! Now I dammit gotta go and buy one.

I can't wait 'til it gets here!
comradec

Post by comradec »

I'm curious about how good the black version of the Lucina looks after several months gigging?