AX-Synth won't play chords

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
CharlesMeister

AX-Synth won't play chords

Post by CharlesMeister »

I have Google'd this question and no one else has the same problem or it has not been answered. On every Synth Lead 1/2 the AX-Synth will not play more than 1 note, and I can not figure out why. It plays chords fine on everything else. Thanks in advance.
Arjan

Re: AX-Synth won't play chords

Post by Arjan »

These sounds were designed to be used as lead sounds and as such they have the MONO/POLY switch set to MONO. You can change this using the AX Synth Editor software, you will find this setting under COMMON+STRUCTURE in PRO EDIT mode. This setting also affects how LEGATO and PORTAMENTO work.

For most synth leads it is actually best to use (and therefore leave it on) the MONO setting. Also things like portamento work a bit nicer when the sound is set to MONO. I would leave things as they are if I were you, these sounds were programmed like that for a reason. Of course if you have a creative use for a POLY version of these sounds go ahead, they are your sounds to play with.