Possible to only use headphones?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Hydranockz

Possible to only use headphones?

Post by Hydranockz »

Hey guys. I'm currently saving up for the ax synth and I don't currently have an amp of any kind.

If I was to buy the synth tomorrow, would it be totally necessary to also buy some form of amplifier or would I be able to hear it if I had a pair of headphones?

Sorry if my clear lack of knowledge on the topic offends anyone :P I just want to be aware of the 'total' cost of getting a synth.

Cheers
dbijoux

Re: Possible to only use headphones?

Post by dbijoux »

Sure, the AX Synth has a 1/4" headphone out.

Just be careful with your ears, some patches and resonance settings can easily damage your hearing. I try to limit my headphone use as I always tend to want to keep turning them up.

Enjoy.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

Also to add to dbijoux theory " Using Headphones will definitely keep your neighbors happy ;)
Hydranockz

Post by Hydranockz »

Haha, awesome! That settles many of my concerns so. Now to go to music stores armed with headphones in the meantime while I continue saving up for it haha.
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

In the mean time Hydranockz, what brand of H.P are you interested in buying ?

Post Edit :

Here are some brands for you to look into,

_ Beyerdynamic Headphones

_ AKG Headphones

_ Sennheiser Headphones

_ Audio Technica

_ Shure Headphones

Happy window shopping for H.P

;)

KRE8A
anDHead75

Post by anDHead75 »

Hydranockz wrote:Hey guys. I'm currently saving up for the ax synth and I don't currently have an amp of any kind.

If I was to buy the synth tomorrow, would it be totally necessary to also buy some form of amplifier or would I be able to hear it if I had a pair of headphones?

Sorry if my clear lack of knowledge on the topic offends anyone :P I just want to be aware of the 'total' cost of getting a synth.

Cheers

I think you better buy a headphone amplifier so that your headphone will produce a good sound. By using the headphone amplifier you can balance the resonance and the impedance of it. Aside from that, you don’t have to configure the software that you are using; a little fiddling will work in a headphone amp.

super bowl 2011 live stream Headphones
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

I just purchased an Ax-Synth last week, and can honestly say, without a doubt, that an external headphone amplifier is NOT "needed" to boost the sound levels!

In fact, you REALLY need to be careful with the volume control so you don't exceed the safe / comfort level of your headphones and ears!!

IMHO -

It sounds GREAT, as is!! :)