Searing Guitar patches.

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Skfir

Searing Guitar patches.

Post by Skfir »

Well Hello everybody.

Sorry for my impudence. I am a professional pianist, but also just love metal. So I purchased ax-synth mainly for electric guitar stuff. But in spite of the fact that patches were good they were in my opinion a bit limited. So I tuned them for myself a bit and just want to share these tuned patches in case someone finds them a bit more suitable for his performing tasks than the built-in guitar patches. So what is changed:

1. 0 tone sound added. If you play a note with velocity 1-69 a 24+ 0 tone is played. Very convenient for some metal lead solos.
2. Pitch bend extended to 2 octaves down - one octave up. More difficult to play, but once you master it - it will add a tremendous amount of freedom to your playing.
3. Vibrato has been really exaggerated - for the sake of death-metal style solos.
4. The controller number 70 (if you choose it for your beam controller) gives you a feedback now. Sounds cool.
5. A note lasts longer than in a standard patch.
6. The controller is switched for mono, because if you play a solo, you need to emulate a "piano technique" and also perform some repetitions, which really creates mess if you try to play repetitive notes with sustain and poly.
7. some minor changes.

So the main thing, that I really miss in ax-synth guitar patches - is muted chugs sound. It is really a big flaw. So I tried to emulate one, rather unsuccessfully. So the patch named guitar has this emulation - you just play staccato and when you are playing staccato, it is supposed to sound as if you are playing a muted stuff. Feedback on the controller 70 will not work with this patch.
The patch with number one, doesn't have chugs emulation, but feedback works. So hope someone will find these patches useful.
Attachments
patches.zip
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Skfir

Re: Searing Guitar patches.

Post by Skfir »

OK guyz, so I f*** about with chugz a bit. So now it is MUCH more realistic. Hope to post it 6 hours later.
Skfir

Post by Skfir »

OK, now hugs emulation is better. Try it.
Attachments
guitar.zip
(976 Bytes) Downloaded 296 times
Raccoon_

Post by Raccoon_ »

Hi!
Thanks for sharing your patches! I will check tham soon. And I think we should make some topic or something else (site?) to share our self-made Ax sounds.
Skfir

Post by Skfir »

Yeah, it would be great, since I found with surprise, that Roland is rather careless in that sort of things, not only they do not offer any free additional sound libraries for ax-synth, they never update the firmware, which has some minor flaws as well. I am not a web designer, but creating a section on the forum where we could publish our own patches would be great. Or we can post them right here.
rr2011

Post by rr2011 »

The Roland UK site is currently hosting a new set of patches for the AX-Synth:

http://www.roland.co.uk/products/produc ... p=986&c=83

Thanks for sharing the ones you made, BTW!!

:)