How to load .MID sound files into my AX Synth??

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Jeffah

How to load .MID sound files into my AX Synth??

Post by Jeffah »

Absolutely LOVE this new addition to my arsenal! :)

However....

I cannot find out how to load .MID sound files into the AX Synth's tone banks. There are a few sounds that I REALLY need to have on this that are not built in. I have seen posts from various sources about people downloading .MID sounds (not songs) and using the computer software to load them onto their AX Synth ... but, I have the editor and can edit patches without issue. There is no way that I can find to import a .MID sound.

Can someone please help?
rr2011

Re: How to load .MID sound files into my AX Synth??

Post by rr2011 »

I'm not sure they use the .MID file format (?), but the Ax_Synth Editor / librarian software (free download from Roland) lets you upload custom sounds to the Ax-Synth, or edit the existing sounds. The Roland UK web site, Space4Keys, and a few other locations - including this forum - have some customized patches ready to go that you can download and tinker with.

As with most synths, the patches need to be hardware-specific - not just any patch file from just any synthesizer is going to work.
Jeffah

Re: How to load .MID sound files into my AX Synth??

Post by Jeffah »

Thanks for the response. I have since found where to import the SMF .MID files into specific patch locations on the AX Synth using the librarian software.