AX Synth D Beam Pitch settings..

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
kcnotek

AX Synth D Beam Pitch settings..

Post by kcnotek »

I am trying to program the D Beam pitch (or assignable; either one!) button to, upon D Beam activation, shift the pitch down one entire octave or more (think dive bombs), and cannot figure out how to do it for the life of me. I don't believe the Assignable button offers a solution: Pitch is not an option on the MIDI Implementation Chart on page 40.

On page 24 of the AX-Synth Owner's manual, it states: "While the functions of the D BEAM 'pitch' & 'filter' buttons are fixed, you can assign a MIDI control change number(CC) to the 'assignable' button to control the desired parameter in real-time."

Is this why the D Beam pitch button only shifts the pitch up one whole step, because "..the functions of the D Beam 'pitch' .. button(s) are(is) fixed.."? Is there no way to change the pitch interval controlled by the Pitch button?

Why not use the ribbon control, you may ask. My left hand ends up being used for the sustain button, modulation, and oh BTW, reaching over with the right hand and waving it at the D Beam unleashes a phenomenal "cool" factor that (I believe) D Beam was invented for.

The unit is new, black sparkle, and working perfectly, except for the user. Please, please let me know if this is possible; if it is, how to do it (write like you would for a 3rd grader); and if NOT possible, why the h&LL not?! D Beam is a way cool tool that makes keytar ('scuse me, "keyboard controller") solos worth watching and performing. Why Roland would not want lots of D Beam control escapes my logic.

Thanks in advance for your eagerly anticipated responses, AX kiddies.