How deep does the AX Synth editor go?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
htehegtaht

How deep does the AX Synth editor go?

Post by htehegtaht »

Hey,
I am relatively new to keyboards, and even newer to keytars, but i have a lot of roland synth experience, and was wondering how much i could really tweak the AX Synth, or if it would be better to hook it up to a different keyboard and midi it.
i know you can choose the tones but in the editor what about...
layering?
multi tonal patches?
LFO control?
effects?
TVF/TVA control?
just how deep of editing can you do?
with the editor, can an AX Synth rival as a 49 key juno/fantom (without all the fantomy stuff)?
Arjan

Re: How deep does the AX Synth editor go?

Post by Arjan »

htehegtaht wrote:Hey,
i know you can choose the tones but in the editor what about...
layering?
multi tonal patches?
LFO control?
effects?
TVF/TVA control?
All there.
htehegtaht wrote:just how deep of editing can you do?
with the editor, can an AX Synth rival as a 49 key juno/fantom (without all the fantomy stuff)?
It's pretty close to a Fantom X I think but why don't you just download the AX Synth Editor from the Roland website and see for yourself:

http://www.roland.com/products/en/_supp ... T=AX-SYNTH

I'm not using the AX internal sounds btw so I don't do any editing on it. I go to my main rig through wireless MIDI (built into my AX Synth) so I can use all the sounds from my Fantom X and JP-8080. That way I have more sounds at my disposal with no loss of sound quality (by going wireless audio) and I can play in stereo with zero cables :-)
etherweet

Re: How deep does the AX Synth editor go?

Post by etherweet »

I have actually learned a lot about tricks for my juno g from the editor for the ax synth.
as far as audio goes, i'm going to fall for the jangus digital stereo system.
i have a midair from m-audio for playing stuff i decide to run off the juno or rd700.
i've had the ax synth for 4 days and i'm glad i went for it.