yes or no ?

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
pepe

yes or no ?

Post by pepe »

I love the guitar, both electric and acoustic, but only touch keyboard. It is a good option this instrument to imitate a guitar with all his feeling?
shynt ax would be better or Lucina?
pepe

Re: yes or no ?

Post by pepe »

......????
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

pepe wrote:I love the guitar, both electric and acoustic, but only touch keyboard. It is a good option this instrument to imitate a guitar with all his feeling?
shynt ax would be better or Lucina?
I'd say the AX has a passable electric lead guitar but keep in mind that playing style is extremely important to get a halfway convincing lead guitar sound out of a keyboard. Also I'd say the reason to get an AX Synth is for the freedom it gives you on stage, more so than the particular sounds it's able to make. I don't know anything about the Lucina btw.

If you want convincing electric guitar you might want to check out this:

http://www.orangetreesamples.com/evolut ... strawberry

I don't own or use it but I do find it somewhat impressive. Personally though I only play synth lead sounds on my AX, I'll leave the guitar shredding to our guitar player :-)
pepe

Post by pepe »

ok gracias. De todas formas no resulta mas intuitivo tocar como se toca con la mano izquierda en el AX ?quieres decir entonces que con mi teclado normal, sería mas interesante conseguir ese sofware?
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

I don't speak Spanish but this is what Google Translate makes of your post:
pepe wrote:ok thanks. In any case not more intuitive play and is played with the left hand on the AX?
This seems to have lost too much in translation to parse properly. All I know is that with this software you can use both hands and the left hand I believe is used for some 'trick' stuff. I think there's a video around somewhere that explains this a bit.
pepe wrote:You mean then that my normal keyboard, it would be more interesting to get that software?
Possibly but it depends on what you're after. If your primary interest is freedom of movement on stage you might want a Keytar type controller such as the AX Synth. If your primary interest is the best possible electric guitar sound from a keyboard the software I pointed out might be a better choice. But always keep in mind that possibly the most important part of getting a convincing lead guitar sound out of a keyboard is playing style.

If you want both, you could simply us the AX Synth as a MIDI controller and use it to play the software guitar emulator. I'm using the AX Synth strictly as a MIDI controller myself to control the rest of my keyboard rig for some songs. Mostly I use it to play leads sounds on my JP-8000. I actually converted my AX Synth to include an internal wireless MIDI transmitter (see here) so I can play without any cables.

Don't forget that you'll need both the KONTAKT sampling software as well as this guitar plug-in so you're looking at a fairly hefty price tag.
pepe

Post by pepe »

sorry! made a mistake using the translator, and paste the part in Spanish instead of English! hahaha.
Thank you for your answer;)
Perhaps then the best option would be more economical lucina for, if my goal is to have the ability to do those tricks with your left hand?
Arjan

Post by Arjan »

pepe wrote:sorry! made a mistake using the translator, and paste the part in Spanish instead of English! hahaha.
Thank you for your answer;)
Perhaps then the best option would be more economical lucina for, if my goal is to have the ability to do those tricks with your left hand?
I think a potential problem with either the AX Synth or the Lucina in conjunction with that sample library is that neither of these controllers seem very suitable for playing with both hands so you may not be able to get the max out of that sample library when used with such a controller. I have no experience whatsoever with the Orange Tree library so I can't tell you how much you'll be missing if you'll be playing it with one hand only if you are going to play it from a keytar controller.

[Flame suit on]
Personally I think the Lucina looks too much like a toy for children, wouldn't want to be seen dead with it on stage or elsewhere :-) [/Flame suit off]

I prefer the cheesy and corny looks of the AX ;-)
pepe

Post by pepe »

lol ok, I also see it as a toy lucina :)