Using Roland driver (GW-8) instead of Microsoft Win XP "Und"

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Mercuriari

Using Roland driver (GW-8) instead of Microsoft Win XP "Und"

Post by Mercuriari »

I was trying to get the Roland driver installed to see if it solved a problem with the MIDI output port not showing up (didn't help) and it kept loading the Microsoft USB driver.

Uninstalling the MS driver, installing the GW-8 driver, turning the AX on and selecting the driver myself using the [Have Disk] button got me a message that the driver installation file was not for my device.

I then tried selecting the Roland driver on the AX front panel ([SHIFT]+[INC]) and toggled from "Gen" to "Und", not "UEn" as the manual states, which I assumed meant Undefined or Undetected.

I uninstalled the MS driver, installed the GW-8 driver again, turned the AX on and tried one more time just so I could get the error message to document and the damn PC listed the GW-8 in the hardware wizard so I selected that instead of the [Have Disk] button and it installed.

Now my device lists as a GW-8.

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but my solution is here - select the "Und" driver on the AX front panel before installing (must be just my system or there would have been complaints and solutions somewhere, sigh).

Merc