Please help with an AX sound edit!

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
kcnotek

Please help with an AX sound edit!

Post by kcnotek »

My band has decided to play Van Halen's "Why can't this be love", with the OBXa "wrow" sound that Eddie made famous. It's a hard synced saw wave. If you google "Why can't this be love synth sound", there's a kid on Youtube playing it on an Oberheim, he nails it. I'd like to play it on my AX Synth. Closest I can get is Synth Lead 1, program 2, which is a hard sync patch. Eddie's version has a quicker "wrow" than the AX's "wwwrrrrroooowww". Don't you love my technical terms?! Anyway, I can't seem to shorten up the time, and it ends up sounding like any another saw lead, unless I hold the note - which Eddie doesn't. The lead line jumps notes thoughout the song. I'm comfortable with the editor, but please be specific with your terminology as I seem to be missing something I should be able to figure out. Talk like a 3rd grader! Any advice on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, good luck and rock out with your AX out!
kcnotek

Re: Please help with an AX sound edit!

Post by kcnotek »

Hello? Anyone read this forum anymore? Roland peeps? Hello?