hold button is not working :(

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

hold button is not working :(

Post by Bryan Chuangku Koksi »

I bought my ax synth recently... but Im kinda having doubt that the hold button doen't blink or it is not working... Can anyone tell me how does it work? Is damper pedal necessary? Or will it work again if I restore it back to factory settings? please help...and thank you in advance :)
howardS

Re: hold button is not working :(

Post by howardS »

It should work just like a sustain pedal in that notes are sustained while you hold it down...that's it. If it isn't working you could try the factory reset as you suggested and see if that fixes it.
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

can you suggest me the factory reset please... i hope it'll work ... fingers crossed :) and thanx mate
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hi Bryan,

The instructions are on page 34 of the manual. They of course suggest backing up your patches as any edits will be lost. Then you will want to do the following in order to load the factory settings"

"(1) Hold down the VARIATION [INC÷+] + [DEC÷–] + TONE [7] (ORGAN/CLAVI) buttons and switch on the AX-Synth. The display shows the “FCt” message and the [WRITE] button flashes.

(2) Press the [WRITE] button to load the factory settings. All indicators flash.

(3) Wait until the “dne” message appears in the display, then switch the AX-Synth off, wait a few seconds, and switch it back on.

Note: Never switch off the AX-Synth while the [WRITE] button is still lit, because doing so may damage it.

Let me know if that resolves the problem. I hope it's not a hardware issue.

Howard
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

I didn't bring my synth right now... it's because I'm residing in a hostel now... but anyway thanks a lot.. I am hoping it'll work... :D but last and my final question... does the hold button blinks anyway...?0r it doesn't have l.e.d light in it..? if it doesn't then my synth will probably work .. :D Im recently using the synth so i have a doubt... thank you in advance ..
howardS

Post by howardS »

My recollection is that it doesn't blink but I'm not home now. I can check when I get home.
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

reply me asap ...when you got home.. :D thank you so much
howardS

Post by howardS »

I ran out with it to rehearsal last night but didn't check the hold button. I will have it in my hands again tonight and will make a note to check, Bryan.
howardS

Post by howardS »

Hey Bryan, I just checked my AX-Synth and, as I said in post yesterday, there is no light in the hold button. Have you tried the factory reset to see if that will fix the problem?
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

thanx a lot ... it worked.. my doubts are clear now... :) you can add me in fb too..I'm there :) same as l kept my name here.. adios! Thanx a lot :)
howardS

Post by howardS »

Oh great. I'm glad it worked for you. Have fun with the AX-Synth.
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

sorry for troubling you
.. :) and thank you so much... for more queries ill ask you next time.. hope you wont get mad. :D ciao! thanx a ton
howardS

Post by howardS »

Glad to help, Bryan. Just keep working through your synth and post any questions that you have as there are lots of good people here on this board who seem eager to help.
Bryan Chuangku Koksi

Sure I will friend :)
Glad i turned up to this group :D hehehe