First post, hope this community isn't dead \m/

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
keytarhero64

First post, hope this community isn't dead \m/

Post by keytarhero64 »

Hello everyone, I just recently found this site and it appears it's about the only online community dedicated to Roland products, and specifically the AX-Synth. I got mine about three years ago and it was my first real synth, definitely an amazing tool for performance and otherwise. Anyway, to get to the point of my post, I was jamming with my band earlier today outdoors in bright sunlight and noticed my mod bar was really acting screwy. It would stay full on (vibrato for most patches) when I took my hand away, but worked fine with my hand firmly gripped around it, essentially covering it. However, after it started getting darker, the problem went away completely. This is really weird and seems like a major design flaw as surely Roland planned for this synth to be played outdoors. Just to clear up any other issues, the D-Beam wasn't on, I never really use it anyway so it definitely stays off, I know that feature specifically has issues with sunlight. It definitely seemed like it was a problem with sunlight somehow interfering with the mod bar. Anyway, hope somebody out there can help me with this issue, again it's great to be able to post here among fellow AX-Synth users! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!