AX synth and wireless midi

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
DickBruin

AX synth and wireless midi

Post by DickBruin »

Hey y'all,

I was hoping if some of you can help me out on the following:

I just bought the Ax black sparkle (a good second-hand-deal), and the midiBeam wireless midi interface. Out of the box everything worked perfectly fine.

Then, for some reason, the Ax started sending out all sorts of midi data (maybe (or probably) I hit some button combination which I didn't know about), which repeatedly triggered the start/stop sequencer on my external synth multiple times, amongst others. But, worst of all, the wireless midi is gone.

When I wire the Ax to my synth, everything is fine; when I make another synth of mine wireless, then this also works fine. So I guess both the devices are still in order.

But for some reason, I can't get the Ax and the wireless midi system working anymore.
I've gone through previous posts here, after which I checked the midi settings and -channels. But, like I stated earlier, midi sending/receiving works fine. Just not wireless anymore.

So, my question to you guys: Help!!!!

Anyone got an idea?

DB
DickBruin

Re: AX synth and wireless midi

Post by DickBruin »

Hello all,

Well, just to let you know: the problem is solved. Though I didn't figure out why the Ax was sending out all these midi messages at once, it appeared that the wireless midi system was defect. This was simply fixed and everything works fine now.
capnstoobie

Re: AX synth and wireless midi

Post by capnstoobie »

What do you think of the midibeam? Can you give us a quick review? I have an Ax Synth and a Alesis Vortex - the Vortex has built in wireless midi but the Ax Synth is nicer to play, so I'm thinking about getting wireless midi for the Ax.