Tapping solos using the ribbon

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
fixxxer113

Tapping solos using the ribbon

Post by fixxxer113 »

Hey guys! Does anyone know if there is a way to configure the ribbon controller so that when you play a note and then touch it, the sound will jump straight to the corresponding pitch? So you can use it for tapping.
RickyDee

Re: Tapping solos using the ribbon

Post by RickyDee »

I'm not clear on what you're trying to do here and maybe that confusion is why nobody has bothered to respond to your post. See if I've got this right. You want to hold down a key on the keyboard without it making any sound. But when you tap on the ribbon, it would cause the tapping rhythm to come out at the pitch of the key being held down. You apparently don't mind losing velocity sensitivity (I don't think the ribbon offers velocity sensitivity). If I've got it right, this might be handy for a left-handed player that has more rhythm coordination in their left hand (at the ribbon) than in their right hand (on the keyboard). But for a right-handed player, this seems backwards to me. On the other hand (yes, 3 hands :)), it can be a bit tricky playing 1/16th notes rapidly while also changing notes (say if you're playing a rhythmic bass line). I doubt if the AX can do what you ask. Interested to hear more about why you want this feature and what you would do with it. You might check out the Korg keytar. It has a second ribbon that might offer you a solution. Of course, it also has smaller keys.