Pitch Bend Issues / AX 1

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
rockersimi

Pitch Bend Issues / AX 1

Post by rockersimi »

Hey everyone,

I just recently bought an AX 1 from eBay. Great shape, no scratches, keys in mint condition. Then I realised that every time I use the ribbon to do pitch bends, the sound doesn't quite go back to its original tune. It stays about a half tone lower and it have press the middle of the pitch bender to play in my original key, which is pretty frustrating.

Has anyone had similar problems or knows any solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Tom Williams

Re: Pitch Bend Issues / AX 1

Post by Tom Williams »

Yup. I had an AX-1 with the same problem. Went to a musical instrument repair shop where they told me it was due to wear and tear on the ribbon controller, and that the only solution was replacing it. They wanted $300 US to do that. I asked why they wanted so much, and was told that since people on Ebay were asking $1000 (for a $600 MIDI controller), it was a reasonable price to get it working again.

So I took my AX-1 to the garbage dump.

You may want to see if the (now more mature) Internet offers a replacement ribbon controller assembly. In hindsight, it's probably pretty easy to replace.