AX EDGE CC07 Question

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
Marky_ainy

AX EDGE CC07 Question

Post by Marky_ainy »

HI, I'm thinking of purchasing an EDGE to replace my old AX1 and AX7. I have used these in the past to control my XV5080 and D550. I did buy a AX Synth when they came out but returned it the same day is it did no send CC07 Volume info to my modules, a fault noted by many players.
I love the look of the EDGE, but have to be sure that
A) it sends CC07 info via MIDI
B) that I can assign this to the assignable knob (If not already sent using the volume knob)

Also as we play a semi tone down with the band, I realise that you can transpose the keys, and hoping that that gets sent as well

Thanks Mark
Tom Williams

Re: AX EDGE CC07 Question

Post by Tom Williams »

Marky_ainy wrote:I love the look of the EDGE, but have to be sure that
A) it sends CC07 info via MIDI
B) that I can assign this to the assignable knob (If not already sent using the volume knob)
Yes to both -- there is a parameter "External Volume", and I just tested it.

Code: Select all

Ext Volume (External Control Volume Knob) OFF, ON

Specifies whether master volume operations are transmitted (ON) 
or not transmitted (OFF).
You should also turn Ext Volume ON if you want to use master volume 
to adjust the volume of an external MIDI device
B is also true -- you can assign the second knob to send any CC from 1-95.
Also as we play a semi tone down with the band, I realise that you can transpose the keys, and hoping that that gets sent as well
It is not clear from the documentation whether transpose extends to MIDI transmission. The menu seems to show a capability of latching a switch to transpose up/down, but I was not able to get that behavior out of it, either for octaves or semitones. That is not a "No" answer -- I may have done something incorrectly.