Looking for simple sounds on ax edge

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
718isaac

Looking for simple sounds on ax edge

Post by 718isaac »

Hello I just got an AX Edge and all of the preset instruments seem to have extra echo or accompaniment. I would like to take them out, or find the simple sounds. Please advise, thank you.
anotherscott2022

Re: Looking for simple sounds on ax edge

Post by anotherscott2022 »

AX Edge has two kinds of presets... neither are called "preset instruments" but it has preset "Programs" and "Tones."

Programs are combinations of up to 4 Tones (each of which can have their own MFX effects), plus the Program can have its own additional IFX effects (and some other stuff, like MIDI zoning). IIRC, using either the front panel or the app, you can edit the Programs to remove the IFX effects, and then save your edited versions, but if you want to edit the MFX effects that are on the individual Tones within the Program, you need to use the editor.
Fretzkey1

Re: Looking for simple sounds on ax edge

Post by Fretzkey1 »

As has been said, you have to make them. I recommend using the editor with an iPad because I find the front panel menus too confusing. The editor is tricky too but you can manage.
The Ax Edge comes with something like 300 programs but there are almost a thousand tones inside that you can use to fine tune what you are looking for. I think you can add more too, I haven't delved into that yet as I have always been able to find something workable among the tones.
I've replaced all of the 'hot dog' sounds in the 1st bank with various sounds I will actually use when performing, simple pianos, organs, synths, horns, strings, with a few splits and layers here and there.
Also: Search for my man ED DIAZ on YouTube, he helped me navigate through many many hurdles on my JUNO-DS and he delivers on the Ax Edge as well!
Dan