Batteries in the AX-Edge

Forum for AX series synths and keytars and all things for those who love that "on the shoulder" look.
RickyDee

Batteries in the AX-Edge

Post by RickyDee »

I note that as long as there are batteries in the AX, the AX uses those batteries for power - even if the power adapter is plugged in. When the batteries are depleted, the AX won't play even while still plugged in. Removal of the batteries is required before it will play again. Interestingly, if you look at Battery Info, it shows 100% without regard to the charge status of the batteries if it is plugged in. This seems to be the only functionality that actually recognizes the connected power cord.

Is there a way to get the AX to actually draw power from the adapter when plugged in rather than continuing to depend on the batteries? Yes, I know it doesn't charge the batteries (although that would be nice). I'm not looking for that. I just want it to ignore the batteries whenever the power cord is delivering power. i.e. it would revert to batteries if the cord comes unplugged or if there was a power outage.