Can you recognize this patch??

Forum for JUNO-Di
tommidelfino

Can you recognize this patch??

Post by tommidelfino »

Hi everyone.

can somebody tell me witch patch (probably its a preset) of the Juno Di is MR Goldfinger playing around 5:00 in this video performance??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBXOWDw67gM

its a sort of poly-flute sound, kinda cheesy but very high-quality textured...

thanks a lot
tnicoson

Re: Can you recognize this patch??

Post by tnicoson »

tommi

I hear the instrument you are talking about and made an audio copy of it, but I don't have a Juno-Di handy here at the moment. I will try to make it to the music shop in the next couple of days and try theirs if no one else responds in the meantime. It sounds like it could be some kind of Indian or middle eastern horn - like a snake charmer's pungi - maybe. It does not quite sound like an east Asian (Japan, China, etc) instrument to me. In the meantime, you might try the ETHereal Tones 617 thru 633 (if you have not already done so) to see if one of those comes close. There is always the chance that it was an edited "User" Tone, in which case, you will not find an exact match amongst the factory presets.
tommidelfino

Re: Can you recognize this patch??

Post by tommidelfino »

thanks for your fast and kind answer. unfortunately, I don't have a Juno Gi :D I'm just asking around because I'm thnikin about buying one! I was interested in that sound, and I wanted to know if it's a preset... I'm gonna buy it via web, so.. no chance to try it :D
I asked because I still think it's very probable for that sound to be a preset.. (mr goldfinger seems to be a real wonderful "plug and play" musician :) )
thanks again