Shakuhachi - Sledgehammer

Forum for JUNO-Di
biggav79

Shakuhachi - Sledgehammer

Post by biggav79 »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this and have done a brief search - so i apologise if its been asked before!
I use my JunoDI in a 2 tier set up, I sing and front a 5 piece band and play keys. Luckily for me, all of the band members are at a pro level and the 2nd guitarist has a Roland GTR-55 so we have mega cross over potential for getting great sounds and I can concentrate on singing while he plays a brass section etc.. anyhow, we started playing Peter Gabriels classic Sledgehammer and my guitarist plays the brass intro, i just play the organ 'stabs' through the verses and chorus's BUT I'm also responsible for the Flute! The EMU II classic sound from the 80's has a warbly harmonic effect but the Juno stock setting is rather flat and lifeless in comparison... I can't justify ANOTHER board for just one sound and other than this, I'm totally happy with my current setup.. the keyboard that i play below it is a very old yamaha and i only really use it as a back up (but also know all of the sounds by number and can dial in within a second.) Once I sort my patches out, I'll be going it alone. does anyone have a suggested workaround or patch mod to get the EMU II shakuhachi kind of sound that i'm looking for?