Juno-Di Is cool as the Fantom G??

Forum for JUNO-Di
sunkingzx

Re: Juno-Di Is cool as the Fantom G??

Post by sunkingzx »

someone please correct me if im wrong, but didnt i hear that u can play a mp3 or wav from the usb flash drive while you are performing?

that reason alone i would not need a seq anymore, cause almost 90% of what i do now is recorded into a daw, i could just make drum tracks in reason, load them to the juno to play live? im gonna go check it out today, i just sold my fantom x7, and got a korgx50,....i saw the juno at the local music store, but didnt think to get it cause honestly it looked mad dull and boring, but after seeing these features today, 1000+roland sounds, vocodor, playing mp3s from a usb flash drive, and the chord mem and arp of roland?> i hope its all its cracked up to be
Atziluth

Post by Atziluth »

@ sunkingzx

With the Juno Di you can play mp3 while you are performing.

What I don't understand is, why have you sold your Fantom X7 in perspective to get a Juno Di????? IMO you have lost a lot of money in this transaction, in the end to get less performance.

With the X you have also 1000+ Roland sounds in its best quality and additional free sound for download, inclusive all the XV sounds. .WAV can be placed in the audiotrax of the seq for you performance.

So, I can't really see why you sold your Fantom and its possibilities.

The Di is a really light board and nice for travelling. It's also handy with this MP3 player to do performances and you haven't to dig in the depth of the synth.

I would say go and test the JUNO Di in a musicstore and make your choice. Good luck.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I swear more people just buy stuff and don't figure out how it works.

I can put my signature under this.
GaryBB

Post by GaryBB »

Squeak_D: your comments are very helpful and insightful. I've watched your video demos and, for whatever it's worth, they were quite influential in my decision to buy the Di, which I have been using for about a month. I write soundtracks for documentaries. Been doing that for over 20 years, beginning with the Roland D-50 & modules like the old Mt32 and U220. Changed to Yamaha for a long time but I HAD to get the Di once I heard for myself the incredibly rich,pure, full, sounds. Having tried a number of other synths, I am enormously impressed with the keyboard. The kind of music I compose is largely symphonic in nature....multi-layers of strings, piano, harp, voices, etc. and the Di puts out sounds that are nothing short of thrilling. I guess what I'm getting at is to say that the Di is an astounding keyboard, even more so for the price paid. Seems to me that anyone who has experience with it would not demean or minimize its abilities.

I hope you continue your very helpful videos and posts. It is great that you share your knowledge and enthusiasm for music with others.

Thanks - Gary
Mannas

Post by Mannas »

Gary, I definitely agree. Squeak_D was a large influence on my decision to purchase one as well. Is there anywhere to listen to some of your work with the Juno Di? I would love to hear some examples in action if you don't mind.
squeak_D

Post by squeak_D »

Thanks guys :) Glad my vids helped you out. I plan on posting some more in the weeks to come. It truely is a great bargain and sounds amazing.
GaryBB

Post by GaryBB »

Hi Mannas - if you want to email me I will send an MP"3 of a work-in-progress cut for "Black Easter, the Assassination of Abraham Lincoln". I don't know any other way to get a sample of my music (written on the Di) to you.

My email address is whiteriverpics@yahoo.com

Gary