I've got one... already! ...and Audio Demos!

Forum for JUNO-Di
V-CeeOh

I've got one... already! ...and Audio Demos!

Post by V-CeeOh »

Well, not really. I just unexpectedly received one of the very first units in the store.
I've just oppened the Di, tested some sounds and I got to say I'm overwhelmed - for it's price range the Di is absolutely awsome. Here are some first thoughts.

- Yes, it's Made in China. I was expecting it for the price but...
- It's wonderfully built. The keyboard is way better then I was expecting. Not as good as on the G or Stage but fare enough. It has that "clucky" sound that is usual on cheap keyboards but the feel is alright. The buttons and knobs are the one we already know.
- Its sounds awsome!!! Really. There is no loss in the audio quality when you compare it with the other Junos and former Fantoms. Actually there is a nice "clarity" in the audio that I only remember from the SonicCell and Fantom-G. But maybe it's just me.
- There is a sound Category called "Performance" where there are ... well, Perfomances - meaning, layered sounds/patches. I still didn't figured out how this works because there is no "Mode" buttons on the Di. So I got to check this later. But I do have to mention that the majority of these Perfomances are imediately playable. In fact I spent most of the time I had having fun here then to find the rest of the things.
- Yes, its lightweight. It makes you wonder if there is something inside ;-)

Basically this is it for now. I'll spend more time with it tomorrow, have a read on the Manual and I'll be back here. Meanwhile, if you have questions please feel free to ask and I'll try to answer as we go.

Cheers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: I've got one... already! ...and Audio Demos!

Post by Artemiy »

Oh wow, congratulations, V-CeeOh! I am very glad you liked the new JUNO, I can't wait to get my hands on it, but it should only be here in August.
Blues4dog

Post by Blues4dog »

My old Limited Edition D is sitting in the corner and appears to be sulking. Think I'll go and give it a hug.

B4D
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

@V-CeeOh,
Humm... tell us more !!! tell us more !!!
I need to see one of those and play around with it...I'll have to look for one at my nearest Roland Space one of these days...

take care
PauloF
AAR

Post by AAR »

make a video for Us, PLEESE!!!
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi
Here I am again with a shiny new Di. I'm sorry, I said I would be back earlier but I haven't been able to spend as much time with the Di as I would like to. Meanwhile here you have the Demo Songs in high quality WAVs (recorded directly to a Edirol R-09). These are obviously all Roland copyrighted.

Song 1 - Have you met
Song 2 - Juno Pops
Song 3 - Juno Pops
Song 4 - Takedown

I'll try to tell you as much as I can in the next days but you have to give me some more time. I'll will also try to make some audio demos with some of the sounds patches/performances.

PauloF
Não vale a pena procurares muito pelo Di para já. Eu sei que vieram apenas 2 teclados de amostra e eu estou com 1 deles ;-).

AAR
I'm sorry, I don't have how to make a video. Even if I had I'm not "that" kind of guy ;-).
PauloF

Nice sounds !!!

Post by PauloF »

V-CeeOh,
Sabes mais ou menos quando vai estar disponível para venda ?

É que estava inclinado para o SC, mas o Di faz (quase) tudo o que eu necessito, com a vantagem do Interface e do teclado.

Nice sounds !!! very good quality indeed.
Do you know who the composers are ?

Keep us posted on your findings
take care and enjoy it
PauloF
AAR

Post by AAR »

Thank You, V-CeeOh!!!! Sounds is cool, and realy richy!
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Amazing Demos.

Those would discourage me from trying anything! ;-)

Sounds great! I hope those are not upgraded horns compared to the G, but it sounds like it is possible! :-|
AAR

Post by AAR »

Thank You, V-CeeOh!!!! Sounds is cool, and realy richy!
We waiting some audio demos with some of the sounds patches/performances.
Pleese, make some photos ( screen, menu ), if You can!!!!
AAR

Post by AAR »

2 V-CeeOh:
Korg x50 have very fragile body. How about Juno-Di's durability?
ian88

Post by ian88 »

Hi, Juno Di was built in metal chasis like the Juno-d´s front panel?
Is better than Korg x50? in build and sounds??
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hi guys
I've just posted a review about the Di in HERE along with some other information.
Please keep folowing your questions over there since I'll be trying to keep all things clear in just one place. I locked this thread now.
Thanks

PauloF
Não ainda não tenho data de comercialização nem preço. Espero ter essa informação brevemente

AAR, ian88
Like I say in the review, the Juno Di has a plastic housing, no metal parts. But I think it's way better then the Korg X50 (which I also have in the store). I believe its very well built for the price and the durability will be compared to any other Juno.

See you guys in the other thread.