Atziluth

Re: Di - First (long) Review and Sound Demos

Post by Atziluth »

Wow, cooool the voccoder rocks!!!!!

Great stuff V-CeeOh.
squeak_D

Post by squeak_D »

Thanks for posting the audio! Man.., that vocoder is going to be FUN to use. I can't wait to get my Juno-Di. i was informed by Sweetwater.com (place I pre-ordered from) that my Di pre-order was the FIRST in their system :) I've been scanning the major US online retailers since the info was released...., and from what I saw Sweetwater was the first to throw it up for pre-order here.

Roland and Sweetwater have a good relationship too.., if I heard correctly they have a Roland rep on hand all the time..., and Sweetwater is usually the place to go for pre-ordering Roland gear in the USA online.

I'm physched.., can't wait to get it. I already know it's going to sound good.., and I'll be pleased with it. I used to own the Fantom X-6.., so I know I'm going to hear some familiar sound there :)
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Hello guys.
I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Two things impressed me in the Di : sound quality and the vocoder. The vocoder is really fun. I was a bit disapointed first when I saw just a few patches using it and so was not expecting many variations. This was untill I realized I could easily dial the effect to any patch. I got adicted to it for a while because it is so fun to choose a patch, dial the Vocoder effect and play.
I'm expecting a dedicated ARX Vocoder for the Fantom-G or at least that Roland intruduces this effect in the Input routing in a future update. But if this does not happens I'll consider the Di 'cause for just about the price of a ARX I'll get the vocoder, an "X" sound source, more parts and polyphony ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, it would be really cool if Roland add a vocoder to the G. Seeing that it's just an MFX processor with two inputs, maybe it is possible - on the other hand, it may require something special in the DSP chip.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

Artemiy....shhhhhhhh.... don't give an excuse to Roland R&D ... ;-)
Naksnaks

Post by Naksnaks »

V-CeeOh, keep 'em coming! I want to hear more sounds, for example choirs, strings, dist.guitars and leads :)
rajieve

Post by rajieve »

great...........
what a sound?????????
I'm need some Indian instrument sound like Harmonium, sahnai, sarangi, sarod etc. to be created on my Juno Di.
can u help me pl by providing the settings ?
WBRgds,
Rajieve
luizpaulobra

Post by luizpaulobra »

Hi, first sorry my pool engish =) I'm new in the forum and new to roland keyboards and I'm very interested to buy this synth.
What is that "parts"?? Can I split multi parts into the keyboard??
Thx!!

PS: Soluctioned... I´m talking about multi split... It´s possible using the CD software
arpeggio_dp

Post by arpeggio_dp »

Hi, wow great discussions here. just got my di, and im learning a lot here, id like to know where are the sample vocoder made by v ceeoh, thanx alot more power
sarthak

Post by sarthak »

If u create indian tone so please sent me