Pls help... My Di de-tunes while playing

Forum for JUNO-Di
JLMusic

Re: Pls help... My Di de-tunes while playing

Post by JLMusic »

UPDATE: As per Roland's recommendation, did a factory reset AFTER performing a backup which seems to have fixed my "de-tune" issue.
cecchino

Post by cecchino »

These issues are often related to a pitch bend stick malfunction (springs and/or pot).
If the problem re-appears, check the values for the PB are correct (you may use some MIDI software on a PC / Mac for instance) and the rest position is correct and does not send any PB MIDI signal (except a 0 value when releasaed).
JunoAndy

Post by JunoAndy »

I was having a problem with my Di randomly detuning. I took it to Long & McQuade where I purchased it. They sent it out for repair but came back as "no fault found". I noticed when it DID happen that moving the pitch wheel fixed the detuning problem, so it occurred to me that maybe the problem is with the circuits in the pitch bend wheel. Since I never use the pitch bend wheel, I carefully opened my Di, disconnected the plug running from the pitch bend wheel to the main circuit board, and closed it up. Haven't had the problem reoccur, and if it turns out the problem is somewhere else, it's pretty simple to plug the wheel back in...
Jerryrk

Post by Jerryrk »

hello jerry here....i got to thinking about my samsung washmachine and when i turn it on it thinks for a while before the computer does anything...so i turned my roland juno di on and let it think for 30 or 60 seconds and then i could record a whole song in c....so then i can transpose it to d...and let it think for 30 ro 60 seconds and record a whole song in d with no problems...i guess it has to think about the key you set it to. if you're in church and you aint got time to wait for it to think...i don't know what to say...but if you are doing recording with it....this way seems to help for me....
jerry