Juno Di Editor / Modulation Lever

Forum for JUNO-Di
loph

Juno Di Editor / Modulation Lever

Post by loph »

Hi!
I'm trying to use the editor-software to change a sound that uses a rotary-effect. I have managed to use the foot-switch to control the rotary-vibrato-speed, but now I'd like change the behaviour of the modulation-lever (which is controlling the same thing by default).
I can add other functions to the lever at the "matrix-control" but i can not make the lever to stop controlling the vibrato-speed of the rotary-fx.

Does anybody have an idea how to do this?

Regards,
Jo
frank123

Re: Juno Di Editor / Modulation Lever

Post by frank123 »

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but I was experimenting with the rotary effect and found this question.

To turn off the lever you have to disable the "98:SYS-CTRL1" control source after selecting "Patch Effects/MFX" in patch mode.

Frank
loph

Post by loph »

Hey Frank,

thanks for your reply! ...after all thease years! :)

I felt like I was understanding the software a lot better than 5 years ago and tried to reproduce my problem. I succedeed there - but then, I got stuck at the exact same point:

- I was able to assign the Hold-1 pedal to rotary speed (in a way, that the vibrato speeds up as long as I am holding down the pedal, and slow down again after I release my foot).
- I was NOT able to suppress the default behaviour, namely: If you 'tip' the modulation lever, the rotary speeds up and holding its speed afterwards. If you tip it again, it speeds down.

I'm curious if there's a way to change that behaviour.
I've uploaded my test-sound, so if anybody wants to give it a try ...
RotaryExample.jxe

Regards,
Jo
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Hi Jo,

I checked your patch and got the same problem. The (VK)Rotary MFX seems to react to the modulation lever directly ignoring the patch settings. It worked with other MFX Effects.

Thanks for your reply after all these years :)

Frank