Is there anyway to change sound continually?

Forum for JUNO-Di
Boat32674

Is there anyway to change sound continually?

Post by Boat32674 »

When I change sound to another sound in Juno-di the first sound I played is totally cut off and disappear in an instant! and I need to play in the performance in a couple of days .

Is there anyway to play continually from sound to sound??

Thank for the help :)

Btw. I dont know how to use the editor
tnicoson

Re: Is there anyway to change sound continually?

Post by tnicoson »

Boat

What you are describing is Roland's "Patch Remain" feature. At one time, only their top of the line synths, ROMplers, and workstatons had it. Your Juno-Di has it, but I think it is OFF by default, and you need to turn it ON. For instructions on how to turn it on and use it, see:

http://www.roland.com/support/article/? ... d=62797578

Click the "I agree . . ." box and download it. It is a one page pdf.

The original Di firmware did not have this feature, so you will need to have the latest firmware version installed in order to have it. When turned ON, the currently playing tone will remain after you have selected a new tone until you play a new note, BUT ANY EFFECTS WILL CHANGE IMMEDIATELY. So, the effects of the cued tone will be applied to your "remaining" tone from the time you select the new tone until you play a new note. I know, this is a bit of a downer if the incoming effects are drastically different from the outgoing effects, but I think it has always been that way on all of their units.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted
silverquimera

Post by silverquimera »

The effects problem is quite a real shame for this unit... I hate changing from a lead with a little distortion on it to some strings or pads... ughhh that sound... uuughhh... at this moment I'm playing with a prog metal band and a patch remain is absolutely essential.
tnicoson

Post by tnicoson »

Julian

I certainly understand your dilemma, and wish I had some words of encouragement for you. With the Juno-Gi and Fantom-G, the tone may or may not remain - depending upon the effects setting. With the Jupiter 50/80, the effect itself, may not remain, and with the V-Synth-GT, patch remain does not work at all if effects are turned on. As I remember, my Yamaha Motif XS suffered similar problems. This tells me that the patch remain feature is not all it is cracked up to be. You might check with some Korg owners and see if they have anything with a better implementation of patch remain.

Good luck !

Regards,

Ted