My Di just arrived! "DOH!" moment followed! :)

Forum for JUNO-Di
flyingace

My Di just arrived! "DOH!" moment followed! :)

Post by flyingace »

Did you ever have one of those "DOH!" moments? I had one just now as I was going through the sounds and menus, etc. HOW, in my long search for a great keyboard that really suited my needs, HOW DID I MISS THIS JUNO-Di?? I had a Juno G and was too caught up in the sequencer, got a Juno Gi and was too caught up in the audio recorder... went to Korg Krome and it was too complex all around...

I don't know why I skipped the Di but I'm glad I'm back around to it. This is a keeper!!
flyingace

Re: My Di just arrived! "DOH!" moment followed! :)

Post by flyingace »

I spent my lunch break playing with the Di. Love it so far!

Of course there a few things that I'm finding missing (as I noted in another thread) like ability to save Arps, chord memory and rhythm settings with a patch. Unfortunate but...

I can see that this is a performance based keyboard and if I know my songs, then I should know what to dial in quickly to get what I want... we'll see how this works in the real world. Doubt it will be a deal breaker though, I just don't gig like I used to, let alone, I usually have plenty of time to do a set up before a song with friends.

I would have liked to have been able to add more than 1 MFX to a patch. I see that with Performaces you can add MFX1 to one tone, MFX2 to another and if you use the editor, you can add a 3rd. I'll have to see what this is like. I got spoiled by the multiple effects engines in the Gi and the Krome... That said, they were complicated and this is not, so simplicity will win out to "simply" get to the art of playing music and not worry about "perfect"!

All else is great, working great, the keybed feels better than the one I played on the FA-06 yesterday! Seriously! That thing was awful, this has a nice heavier plastic feel, less clicky, and a firmness that is nice. The FA-06 must have something newer and cheaper.

Dunno, glad I made my mind up to buy the Di now. I can always buy another later down the road when my daughter steals this one!! Which when she gets a load of how easy it is to be inspired and simply play... I may have to ask her to bring it back to the music room on a regular basis!
Drummer42

Post by Drummer42 »

I have had my Di about 2 months and I love it. I had a Yamaha MOX8 that was too complicated for me to use and often found myself exploring and learning the sequencer rather than practicing. With the Di I can turn it on and play right away. The sound engine is excellent and navigating around is simple. The Di fits my needs perfectly! I will keep this board a very long time.
flyingace

Post by flyingace »

Drummer42, that's great to hear, sounds like it's a perfect fit for us both! I was so happy the amount of times my daughter said "OH WOW!" each time I showed her another easy to use feature (I added chord memory and arp to a split sound, then I kicked on the drums and played). After the G, Gi and Krome, she had yet to exclaim anything, I think she saw how easy it was and her "OH WOW!" was actually her saying in her head "Hey I can do that!"