panning instruments from song player midi file

Forum for JUNO-Di
willbintouch

panning instruments from song player midi file

Post by willbintouch »

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the Juno Di. I am trying to use .mid files from a USB stick to supplement my band's instrumentation live. What I was hoping to do was to edit existing midi files so that all the instruments playing will come out of the Juno's left channel, and the click track will come out of the right channel. The idea is that the left channel (instruments) will go to the mains and monitors (we run the mains mono) and the right channel (click) will only go to the drummer's ear bud.

No problem doing the editing (using Anvil Studio) but when I play the file back on the Juno, all the panning appears to be ignored. When I open the midi file in other software (SONAR X3), the panning appears to be correct, but the sound still plays without the tracks being panned correctly.

Is what I am trying to accomplish possible? I suppose it would be possible to simply create an MP3 of the instruments (click panned appropriately) and play that instead of the .mid file, but I wanted to try this way first.

Thanks.
willbintouch

Re: panning instruments from song player midi file

Post by willbintouch »

I can see in the midi implementation document that each channel can have the PAN RCV set to ON or OFF. But I can't see how to access this setting. I have tried every menu path I can from the Juno itself. Any thoughts on where these settings can be found?
willbintouch

Re: panning instruments from song player midi file

Post by willbintouch »

I downloaded the editor. All settings show PAN RCV as "ON".