Error Updating

Forum for JUNO-Di
japozzi

Error Updating

Post by japozzi »

Hi, I downloaded the update 1.12 for my Juno-Di from the website http://roland.com/support/article/?q=do ... d=21623296 and put it in my pendrive(it was empty), then I connected the pendrive to my Juno and Turned on it. The display from the keyboard said that it was updating, but suddenly it gave me an error and stayed like that, frozen, after a minute I turned it off. After that I disconnected the pendrive and turned it on again, but now it said "Roland" in the display for a minute and then it goes empty and it never started. I tried it again but it´s always like that, I tried connecting the Juno to my computer but I couldn´t start the Juno Di Editor. I dont know what to do, i dont care if I lose all my data but i need some way to start my Juno again, and I need it desperately for a concert. Thank you for your help.
tnicoson

Re: Error Updating

Post by tnicoson »

A failed firmware update usually means a trip to the Service Center to have the firmware memory reflashed. Since the Di will not come up, you can not try a factory reset, as that is accessed through the menu system once the unit is up and running. The Di is not one of those units where you trigger a factory reset by holding down two or three different buttons or keys as you power it up, but factory resets will usually not help recover from a firmware update failure anyway. It is usually used as a last ditch attempt before shipping the unit off to the Service Center. Wish I had better news for you. Sorry and good luck !

This is the second Di firmware update failure I have heard about in several weeks. I wonder if there is something wrong with that update file.
Madhouse

Re: Error Updating

Post by Madhouse »

I can't update at all. I turn the Di on and it gets stuck with the Juno-Di logo on the screen.

Edit: Nevermind, got it working with an 4 GB pen, whereas I was trying with a 16 GB. It seems that the system can't connect with USB drives with a higher data size.