MIDI settings for Performance patches?

Forum for JUNO-Di
billrow

MIDI settings for Performance patches?

Post by billrow »

The user manual doesn't seem to list MIDI values to receive (MSB/LSB/PC) for Performance patches. I can change to standard patches from an external MIDI device (Ex: to "Perc Organ 1" with MSB=087, LSB=064, PC=116), but I can't find any info on switching to a Performance patch. I'm hoping that can be done, as almost all the patches I use are Performance. Thanks for any help.
billrow

Re: MIDI settings for Performance patches?

Post by billrow »

Occurs to me that my question would apply to ANY user-created patches (such as "Pf5xx"), and not just Performance patches.
Vajunhura

Post by Vajunhura »

Site section, then felt like it and use it a lot.
Hermax

Post by Hermax »

In Performance mode, you are using the Juno as multitimbral module. Meaning that the two parts each have their own midi channel. I once connected my Alesis Vortex to the Juno and found out that I could switch between the two Performance parts by selecting midi channels 1 or 2 on the Vortex. This was very nice on stage where I swiftly could switch from an organ to a lead sound for a solo.
Now, if there was a way to force the Juno to go into Performance mode from an outside controller, you could then send for each midi channel the correct Patch parameters.

I did not try this yet, but in the MIDI Implementation manual I see there is something possible using sysex... (page 10 and following)
giampablanca

Post by giampablanca »

therefore, there is no way to use the PROGRAM CHANGE, by selecting the sounds of the PERFORMANCE section?
this is a flaw
no one has a solution? I could use any software if there existed a solution
frank123

Post by frank123 »

I stumbled over this problem, too. Sniffing the Juno's output showed that you have to send on channel 16. The following sequence switches to the first user performance:

"BF 00 55 BF 20 00 CF 00"
(MSB=085, LSB=000, PC=00, Channel=16)

Don't forget to press the "Perform" button first! (Or use a sysex command).

Just play with the last two digits to switch between your user performances.