Layering of more than 2 patches.

Forum for JUNO-Di
lalkaivalya

Layering of more than 2 patches.

Post by lalkaivalya »

Is it possible to layer more than two patches in Juno Di (3, 4 or 5 patches)? If yes, then how can I do it?
Also, I started using Juno Di Editor recently in performance mode, after I assign patches to all the 16 parts and thereafter the key range to all of them, I am only able to play the patch that is displayed on the Juno Di screen. Is it possible to assign 4-5 patches to different octaves (with Juno Di Editor) and play all of them together? If yes, how can I do it?
frank123

Re: Layering of more than 2 patches.

Post by frank123 »

Hi,

yes, everything you describe is possible using the editor. I am wondering why this does not work for you. What happens when you press the "Write" button on top of the editor?

This video describes the creation of a performance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GipB-oTlAQY

Frank
frank123

Post by frank123 »

lalkaivalya wrote: Also, I started using Juno Di Editor recently in performance mode, after I assign patches to all the 16 parts and thereafter the key range to all of them
After defining the key range, did you turn on the the "Switch" Buttons for each part on the left side of the key range screen?

Frank
jojoman

Post by jojoman »

In the editor select the "midi" button on the left. There you will see 16 channels, 1 through 16 from top to bottom. Let's say you've made a performance with the first five patches, simply change the first five midi channels to number 1 and the first five will now be heard all at the same time. Now go back to the "mixer" button on the left and from there you can adjust the levels of each patch... you can even select all 16 and make them all "midi 1" if you wanted to but that would eat up your polyphony quickly and be overkill in most cases anyway.