Multitimbral Mode

Forum for JUNO-Di
gp_trials

Multitimbral Mode

Post by gp_trials »

I am trying to set my Di in multitimbral mode where it will send MIDI note data on channel 16 and will play notes from an external MIDI source on all 16 channels, with different patches playing on each channel. I also want the Di to respond to patch and program change commands.
The manual doesn’t give much more than a paragraph on this and it’s a bit vague.
I have switched locals to off and set the MIDI send channel to 16. I then press the ‘performance ‘ button and set this to number 63:seq:template. I then press the ‘MIDI Controller‘ button.
This seems to set the Di to send note data on channel 16. But the Di only seems to play note data from the external MIDI source on channel 16 only. How can I get it to play on all 16 channels?
Sorry if this question is covered elsewhere.
frank123

Re: Multitimbral Mode

Post by frank123 »

Hi

Receiving: turn on performance mode and choose number 64 "GM2 Template", not 63. The Di then receives on all channels and reacts to program changes. At least my does :-)

You don't need to turn "local off" or change the send channel.

Sending:
In performance mode(!) the Di sends on several channels, too. It depends how the performance was programmed. For example, when you press the "split"-Button the Di sends on channel 1 and 2 if you play lower and upper keys. The send channel is only for single patch and midi controller mode.

hth

Frank