Arbitrary MIDI signal without auxiliary device

Forum for JUNO-Di
Altripp

Arbitrary MIDI signal without auxiliary device

Post by Altripp »

Without having a computer or some other device connected to one of Juno Di's MIDI ports, is it possible to set any button (or key, or hold pedal) on the Juno to trigger any (pre-defined) MIDI signal?

Example: I want to have a sequence of MIDI signals that mute and unmute specific MIDI channels in the Performance I'm playing, and then change the range of some of these channels. Knowing which MIDI signals I need is easy (I just have to use the Juno-Di Editor as reference), and I can use a laptop to send those signals when I press Enter on the laptop, or when I press basically anything in the Juno-Di itself (by checking the MIDI input in the laptop and sending the corresponding signal), for example.

How do I make the Juno-Di fire those signals without using another device to send them? Is that even possible?

Thanks
frank123

Re: Arbitrary MIDI signal without auxiliary device

Post by frank123 »

Hi,

that is an interesting idea, I would try the following: create a midi-file with your commands and put them onto an USB-Stick. Now insert the stick into your Di and play the midi-file using the song player.

Does this work?

Frank