Line 6 releases MIDI in/out interface for iPhone / iPod touc

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

Line 6 releases MIDI in/out interface for iPhone / iPod touc

Post by Artemiy »

http://www.audiomidi.com/MIDI-Mobilizer-P12955.aspx

Line 6 started to produce the MIDI Mobilizer ($99 retail price) which adds MIDI in/out to iPhone and iPod touch devices, and allows you to use it as a MIDI data recorder. They say there's a free MIDI Memo app that allows to record any MIDI information using this interface. No information on proper multi-track sequencers yet but I assume they will appear as this interface starts to propagate among musicians.

javaj_

Re: Line 6 releases MIDI in/out interface for iPhone / iPod

Post by javaj_ »

I really don't like the size of that block hanging off the iphone. That is just waiting to be busted (taking my "precious" with it). Why didn't they hang a short cable off it for protection.

Also found this company who are working on a DUAL-iphone/ipod touch midi interface- now that sounds awesome.
http://www.iconnectivity.com/index.html

For what I heard- this device will have 2 USB ports to plug in your standard iphone/ipod touch cable into. I could imagine 2 ipads with virtual turntables or control faces connected to this thing. Very exciting.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

javaj, I could not find any information at that website at all - no pictures or even specifications, just some basic information.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Yeah, they posted their prototype but recently pulled it to do some new changes to it. It was a box (sort of like the size of a Presonus USB unit). Looked OK, but the functionality looked really good.
At least there is an option hopefully coming soon.