New iPhone 4

Post by Kristijan »

http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Apple products are amazing.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: New iPhone 4

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, quite a bit - but they're just passionate about what they want, and push very hard to make it real. Most other companies just don't do it in the same way.

Notice also how Apple with just ONE phone model beats sales of many manufacturers which have 10, 20 or even more models. That's the proof that staying focussed is key to a really outstanding and ultra-refined product.
en76

Post by en76 »

Totally Agree Artemiy...maybe now I can Finally get a iphone. It suits every thing I love to do. From hiking to music.
motorhead9999

Post by motorhead9999 »

I slightly disagree. I think a lot of what makes the iphone so popular is that its simply the next one.

I'll be the first to admit. The first iphone was spot on a revolutionary product. Nothing came close to it. As soon as that device came out, everything was obsolete. So right now, apple had such a lock on the product and people loved it so much, that many feel there's no need to change brand. I think however, that Apple in general has most definitely started to take their market share for granted.

First off, the hubris that Apple showed explaining the new cell reception issue is absolutely ridiculous. Its like telling people their brand new car is going to break down in 100 miles, so they need to make sure they only drive it 99. That's balls right there.

Secondly, I understand Apple wants to protect their product and image, but their stranglehold over what we can and can't do with our purchase is a bit ridiculous. Their new OS completely destroyed my iphone 3g performance wide. Can I downgrade my phone? Nope. Not allowed. Their control over apps is a bit overzealous too. Why can't I run an emulator on phone? Why can't i have a program that lets me run flash?

Thirdly, look at the hardware specs of phones now. Compare an iphone 4 to the evo 4g? There's no real comparison. But yet everyone's falling over themselves to get the iphone.

I'm pretty over Apple. Not to say I won't buy their product, but they're not the Gods they think they are.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

motorhead9999, I totally second what you say... however, bear in mind that what you would say as an individual is not something a company would be able to also easily say to the millions of public. They have to be very careful in expressing their responses to this or that issue.

But yes, as for limiting what you can do - that has always embarrassed me a bit, although this is not very critical. Sometimes it makes you want to ditch their stuff - but you face the fact that there is nothing else that gives you what you want in the same elegant and simple way. Although this may change in the future, who knows.

And regarding iOS 4 - yes it slowed down my iPod touch 2g too, although only in startup time of Safari, Notes and Photos - everywhere else it's as fast. But anyway some screens seem like freezing for 2-3 seconds on startup, so I submitted these as bugs to Apple and they got back saying these are known issues that will be addressed.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Just read that iOS 4.1 beta is available to developers, so that's a sign of Apple quickly reacting to all the complaints :-)