Akai SynthStation - a major disappointment

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

Akai SynthStation - a major disappointment

Post by Artemiy »

To all those who were or are willing to get Akai's SynthStation - don't do it. It sounded like a promising little workstation, but the way the interface is organized is just awful... you have to jump to various screens via the top menu, which sometimes has two levels, and those screens are not arranged in an easily understandable way. And you can't preview the sound you're creating with any of the synths because there is no onscreen keyboard. The graphics are very un-stylish and, in fact, badly executed if not ugly.

I have no idea how a company like Akai could create such a low-quality product in terms of the user interface. It needs new graphics and much, much more logical workflow organization. Very, very bad work.

My recommendation would be to stick to Argon and BeatMaker. Argon gives you a great VA which you can sequence and turn into a sample within the app, then get into BeatMaker, which is way easier than SynthStation as an MPC workstation.
piaknowguy

Re: Akai SynthStation - a major disappointment

Post by piaknowguy »

Hey Artemiy!

Are you sure that you don't just need to purchase an iPK25? ;-)

PiaKnowGuy
Please feel free to listen to Pirates
PiaKnow
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

If that was the only issue, I would take your advise ;-)

But the interface is crap, seriously. There is no visual consistency there, you don't see the structure of the workstation and can't navigate easily from one part to another. And I can't even figure out how to create a clean project, or even clean a pattern or initialize a synth patch... Why should I bother with such poorly designed software when there are much better tools which don't give me a headache? I want my $10 back, Akai ;-)
secret Roland agent

Post by secret Roland agent »

Ten Bucks?!! Sounds like a total rip-off to me!

sRa

Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

:-D