I got the iPad! And it's an instant orgasm

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

I got the iPad! And it's an instant orgasm

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, yes, my iPad just arrived, I have played with it for about an hour, and I can confirm that this device changes everything. EVERYTHING.

This is a new level, a whole new level of interaction between a human and a machine, a whole new paradigm for your creativity. Even though I've had my iPod touch for 1.5 years, and I've familiarized myself with multi-touch and iOS goodness, the iPad still felt like I was born again.

To those who doesn't get it - I am just sorry for you! This is such a huge advancement in technology... this is what everyone's computer will be in the future. But I am already in that future.
desernauta

Re: I got the iPad! And it's an instant orgasm

Post by desernauta »

Welcome :) My iPad (64 wifi) arrived in the last week
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Man... Kiss my a$$!! You were supposed to wait til I got one!!!! ;D

I'm kidding man! congrats... would you please let us know how it works with our music apps as soon as you finish blowing your load? ;)
To those who doesn't get it - I am just sorry for you! This is such a huge advancement in technology... this is what everyone's computer will be in the future. But I am already in that future.

I get it!! I get it!!!! I'll be there soon enough! But you know, sadly this is gonna be a short thread with all the proud non believers in the house.. What the hell is wrong with you people?!? Why can't they accept that going forward is the direction they should go?? They've already spent too much money??? or ar they waiting on roland to bust out a new fantom?

Art, keep going forward and whatever you do, don't look back! you'll only find pain and misery there! ;D
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

desernauta:

Thanks! I got the 3G model with 32 GB.

Septimo:

LOL man!!! Sorry my i-itch was too strong, could not hold off anymore! :-) I am telling you, this thing is mind-blowing. It's like someone given me another eyes that see better and a more freshly-thinking brain. It's a completely different experience than iPhone or iPod touch, I mean it, you will understand when you see it for yourself.

As about the music apps, so far none of the stuff I use in iPod touch are iPad native, but a few are coming in the next few weeks.

I mainly use four apps: NanoStudio, Argon and Jasuto. I also discovered Xenon which is a lot of fun (four synths and beatbox plus sequencer), made by the same guys as Argon. Xenon will be iPad native like next week. Argon will follow later, very cool, my favorite dedicated synth on iOS. NanoStudio folks said their next version after the nearest update will also be iPad native. Haven't heard about Jasuto, but I imagine they won't make us wait too long.

I will let you know in the next few weeks about which native apps are available and worth getting.

BTW, 2x magnification mode for iPod/iPhone apps isn't really that great as stuff gets pixellated, it's fine but native apps are better of course as they also make use of the bigger layout possibilities.

Okay... off to play with my JizzPad a bit more! :-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

First I got this one, Retro Sound Studio, it's pretty basic but quite fun, and hey it's free:

Today I also got an e-mail about Xenon which has been submitted to the App Store. Can't wait for it to get approved!!! Here is the preview:
The price will be the same at 4.99 as I know, universal so will also run on your iPod/iPhone.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

I cant wait to see all these apps going midi! line6 baby! who knows, maybe we'll see a midi/audio interface sooner than later!! right now you should buy the camera usb interface, so you can use a flash drive and also connect a usb mic interface!

Oh man... I cant stop doing the robot, since I'm so exited for you! Uh-oh.. I feel a break-dancing gyro/helicopter move coming on strong!

congrats again brother...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Thanks, Septimo! Good look to you with getting yours too, mate. It will be worth to you more than they ask for it, trust me.

BTW Xenon is already out for iPad today, it's really great.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Congratulations Artemiy! My wife got an iPad a couple months ago and I have been secretly wiring it into my mixer when she isn't around. When I first saw it announced, I was sure it would be revolutionary and I haven't been disappointed. I've been using Looptastic and then playing along with V-synth.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Hahaha... My ipod used to be my wifes.. Now she uses her work iphone...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Rodan - my wife has had an iPod touche for over 1.5 years just like me, so the iPad is solely in my use (abuse) for now

Septimo, so do you plan get one anytime soon?
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

I was gonna get one this month, but then, my wife is getting one next week from her job, for her job, but I know I will be in there as well at least testing it all out and of course I'll have a folder with my apps in there as well.. So I get to test run it with out actually having to buy it.. At least I'll get the urge out until a new one surfaces.. Well that, and my ipod is still currently doing such a great job at what I need it to do...

I do have one question, but don't know if you know.. I heard at the NanoStudio forum that they changed the pin configuration for the charger so in fact non of the current accessories will work for it.. Line6 for example.... I'm sure they'll come up with something newer and surely better(maybe with audio as well as midi??) for it, but as of now, I'm not sure if works or not...
Quinnx.

Post by Quinnx. »

@Art:
Okay enough of the orgasmic commentary.. ;-)

Your gonna have to do up a video to show how excited your real are using your new toy! ;-)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sept, that's cool, hope you do get to play enough with the iPad! It's so quickly integrated into what I do, even though I haven't set it up 100% - still some upcoming apps that I will use for productivity. But I am liking it a huge lot, plus the 3G is very handy when there is no Wi-Fi.

As about the dock connector - yes it changed for iPad, 4g iPhone and 4g iPod touch. However, Line6 MIDI interface seems to work just fine, at least I have seen a few YouTube videos with it being connected to the iPad. I heard the BlueMikey 2 microphone is the one that's surely affected. So it depends, not all of the accessories will need a hardware update, it seems. BTW with the camera connection kit, which gives you a USB port, you can use USB standard compliant audio interfaces anyway.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Hey Art, My wife got the Ipad last week.. Of course, you know I've already turned it into a studio... It's so comfortable to work with.. I'm glad she was able to get this version as I don't have to purchase one til the next generation shows up.. But this one so far will satisfy my ipad curiosity for a while as I use it more than she does.. at least while it's here at home every night..

And although Nanostudio does not have an Ipad version, it works extremely well in that size, especially for editing.. but it does not take away from the ipod at all as the ipod still works just as well...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Congrats, Septimo! I am sure over the few next weeks you will really get into it. It's fantastic that this kind of stuff is available today, yet so many people see nothing in it. It's really interesting how quickly it blends in what you do, no matter what you do, and is really helpful in every moment.

As about audio apps, I use iMS-20 and Jasuto Pro mostly, they're uber-cool. Awaiting for NanoStudio impatiently, would love to have it in full resolution.

BTW Jasuto Pro has a FFT vocoder that works with iPad's mic... and you can put anything you want on top of it since it's a modular system... this is even more insane than V-Synth GT!!!

Just a few notes on the apps you should avoid:

- BleepBox (hard to use, mediocre sounds)
- Reactable (more buzz about it than truth, it's not very capable, Jasuto beats it hands down by 100x times)

I bought them for $9.99 each but regret this.