The revolution continues!!! CoreMIDI ia coming with iOS 4.2

Forum for Apple iOS devices
MeNotU

Re: The revolution continues!!! CoreMIDI ia coming with iOS

Post by MeNotU »

How can I be a hater when I am buying an Ipad myself?

All I am saying is I think we are re-inventing the wheel here, which is standard tactics for industry when they have nowhere left to expand. 'viz workstation is dead'.

That seems like a fair statement, and doesn't realy deserve insults.

I will not be taking part in the merry go around, because I have what I need to make music, and faffin about endlessly with 'progress' is usualy just procrastination to avoid the effort in bucking down and actualy produce music.

I'll be off doing something good with my old set of wheels - where's my crank handle? :)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

MeNotU... are you sure you're not suffering a dual identity problem? :-) First you bash a device like it's the most pointless creation ever, then you plan on buying one....

In any case, will repeat it once again, iPad is totally awesome and it is a great productivity tool if you use it properly. The are many apps, and even many are coming very soon, that allow you to have a professional level of results in music and audio tasks.
zzzxtreme

Post by zzzxtreme »

some critics are missing the point.

Imagine this

1) I connect my keyboard to the Ipad to use Korg Legacy Digital Collection iPad Edition. I get long battery life with the Ipad. I can play live because it the multitasking is crippled. At home when I setup my patch+performances, the touch screen is definitely way more intuitive than using a mouse+keyboard.

2) another scenario : Band in a box iPad edition. Composing/arranging songs using touchscreen, nice eh? Why not a laptop? Laptops are bulky, and you need to place it on a table or something. with Ipad I can use it anywhere.

3) use your iPad very small ipod as sysex librarian for devices. no more bulky laptops. (line6 already has that, but it is $60 for the interface)

Why not upcoming windows tablet? windows support multitasking. that is a definitely no-no in my dictionary when I want to perform live.

I'm wasn't an iPad fan until I heard about this Line6 midi interface and iOS CoreMIDI API