Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

Moog filter app coming to iDevices

Post by Artemiy »

Septimo

Re: Moog filter app coming to iDevices

Post by Septimo »

Funny how most people here have yet to grasp or acknowledge the power of the i... You'd figure with all the advantages it brings to music making, most here would have already jumped in head first.. If they only knew...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Septimo, most people get their mindsets (and whole minds) petrified in the age of 25 or so. Maybe they didn't stretch their brains enough to make them elastic enough to embrace new and unknown things later on and on.

Anyway, man, $5 for a filter that would have cost $150 as an AudioUnit or VST? You are kidding me. No-brainer!
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

Hey, wait a minute. I'm over 60 and I bought NLog PRO the day after it came out to run on my wife's iPad. I'm baffled as to how Apple got so much computing power squeezed into the iPad. Granted, it's not quite a V-Synth GT, but at 1/200th the cost, like you said, a no-brainer.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Rodan, I said most, not all :-) You should be proud of yourself. I really hope my brain also will be able to accept radically new things when I am 60 :-)

I also plan to have NLog Pro very soon, as well as Reactable. I am thinking about getting the Line6 interface and playing all that stuff from my G6, now that would be really awesome.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

You've got to see the keyboard on NLog Pro. It slides up and down to get to all 88 keys. You can also change the key size if your fingers don't fit. They really put a lot of thought into how to display the keys on a small screen. I can't get enough time to explore all the features.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I do have a good touch keyboard in Xenon, and apps like Pro Keys. But a real hardware keyboard is still... real :-)
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Haha... You're right Artemiy.. Petrified brains after 25.. Well, that and gas... ;-) But as Rodan proves, that there is still hope that maybe we will never get petrified and continue to accept change and new ideas that work... There are no promises on the gas though!

Loving the i... A no brainer indeed!