BEATMAKER 2

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Septimo

BEATMAKER 2

Post by Septimo »

Woo hoo! Who ever don't have an ipad-pod- or phone, and is a music enthusiast or professional, should really consider one now a days! Things keep getting better and better and at a much faster rate than your Roland gear.. Step into the future...

http://intua.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1453
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: BEATMAKER 2

Post by Artemiy »

That's very good news indeed, although I stopped using my iPod touch for music apps, the difference with the iPad screen is too big :-) Currently rocking the iMS-20 and of course Jasuto Pro.

Would love to see NanoStudio or BM for iPad, I kind of think NanoStudio will come faster.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Yeah, the ipod seems to be getting smaller these days since at nights Im using the Pad... And you are right, NS for Ipad will get here sooner as the dev is working on that project currently.

Jasuto Pro.... I need a lesson on that.. I know most of the technical stuff on there, but it's concepts and reasons behind those concepts that I'm missing.. I have a headache with that app, and it's too bad cus I really like the sounds that can be produced on it.. although a lot of normal and community patches are non musical and are mostly noise and sound effects.. great for movies but not so for music.. Would like to hear what you get out if it, though...

I saw that iMS-20... It looks sweet.. But I'm afraid of getting too many instruments just because they are cheap and anywhere from 1 to 20 bucks.. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.. I want it all.. But the problem is I want to be able to be good at least on one or two instead of being bad at twenty! ;-) But hey, at these prices it's hard not to, especially since we come from a market where nothing of real quality is under a thousand dollars... they feel free to me! hahaha! ;-) With all the music apps I have, I don't think I've surpassed 60 bucks..
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Out of the stuff I purchased, I only use iMS-20 and Jasuto on my iPad.

I would definitely recommend iMS-20 for you, it's a real beast of apps. It's a classic synth so you can design subtractive sounds just like that, and then you can override some routings to do FM on the filter or oscillators, or produce a s&h waveform from noise etc.

Jasuto is a different thing though, you can build your own instrument there from scratch. It's not hard to use once you grasp a few basic concepts. It even has spectral tools and you can build a vocoder, this is simply brilliant.

Xenon is cool too, maybe even easier to program than iMS-20, and it has a very good VA synth sound. Goes for like $5 so it's a no-brainer.

I also didn't spend more than $100 on apps, but if I could have test versions, I would have spent only $30 on. Everything else is just not good enough, usually a lot of eye candy with little possibilities inside (avoid Bleep!Box, Reactable, Loopseque).
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

You guys have got the problem exactly right. For the cost of a CD or two, you can now get a whole app. Really hard to resist. I haven't seen iMS-20 or Jasuto.

I just got back from a long, late night flight and spent the last three hours listening to Looptastic. I don't know why but I can just spend hours with that silly app.
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

BeatMaker 2 has been submitted to apple earlier this week.. Being a beta tester for about a month now, let me tell you that BM2 is a pretty amazing app...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Strange thing is I haven't purchased a single iPod/iPhone app since I got my iPad! Gimme the full big screen experience please :-)
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Ipad version or not, this thing looks amazing on the pad.. Better than what NS looks like on there..

This time not only do you have 8 banks of 16 with the ability to load a different kit to different banks, but you also have the ability to load in as many DRM instruments as your device can handle..And also assign endless tracks to each of the instruments.. Same with the keyboard.. The keyboard even has individually editable sample zones.. You also have FX tracks which you can load 3 FX processors to and route any pad through it.. You can also load as many of these as you can handle with the choice of 10 fx units.. Routing FX is endless to the capabilities of your device.. every parameter can be automated.. The sequencer is the beast of them all... This thing kicks a bunch of ass...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Not a fan of the pixellated look of the upscaled iPhone apps on the iPad...
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

LOL... ;-) If the app is better than anything currently on the pad, I don't see a problem.. As long as it does what it does... You can;t even see the pixels on this.. it's not like NS on ipad... But that's like not wanting a Ferrari cus it has a scratch on the fender.. Either way, the ipad update will be free for those who purchased the phone version when it's released.. And really, nothing, nothing, on the iOS comes close to this app...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

The thing is iPad apps are not just upscaled iPhone apps with higher resolution graphics. They make use of the larger screen, lay out more elements there, and offer a much more convenient workflow.
So I'll wait for the fully optimized iPad version!
Right now I am having a lot of fun with iMS-20. My second best music app is Jasuto Pro.