Alesis StudioDock

Forum for Apple iOS devices
V-CeeOh

Alesis StudioDock

Post by V-CeeOh »

Now we are really getting close. Here is something I would buy if I had an iPad: MIDI, USB and Audio Input/Outputs

http://www.alesis.com/studiodock
SammyJames

Re: Alesis StudioDock

Post by SammyJames »

Yes, I saw this over at http://www.SonicState.com/news

It looks like a pro piece of equipment. It's weird too, given that, when it comes to music production, the iPad is anything but.

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, how many millions of hours have you spent with music software on an iPad?

I can tell you sincerely that you're underestimating it as a music creativity tool. Apps like iMS-20 or Jasuto Pro would change your opinion in an instant. It's a terrific new kind of instrument, and there isn't anything that would stop anyone for using it completely "seriously".
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Yeah Sammy! What Artemiy said... 100%... X2...

This is bad ass!
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Yeah. Sure. Whatever you guys say. WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN to some of what I've done on MY (EXTREMELY POWERFUL) COMPUTER, and THEN tell me that the iPad is an "extremely profesional blah blah blah..."

When I can do on an iPad what I can do with my present system, then I'll listen to what you have to say.

- Sammy
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

Well at least you realize that it IS whatever we say... I'll accept that..
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

I said that I'll accept it on a condtion. If you can't spend five minutes of your life listening to what I've slaved at for 12 years, then don't say anything to me at all.

- Sammy
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

No, sammy.. You don't have to accept it... And what should be said is: If you don't have an ipad, don't speak against it all... Makes more sense, right?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Sammy, I didn't say the iPad is a production workstation. Never said that.

iPad is a musical instrument, the one you can create new sounds with, sketch melodies, create beats and phrases, do stuff like that. It's like a groovebox, re-imagined for 21st century, and in a big way. Think about a multitouch-controlled modular synth in your bag... I don't know how anyone would say this isn't orgasmic.

BTW you sound like you have some sort of frustration or anger absolutely not related to this topic of discussion. You need a green tea treatment!
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Septimo:

This is an open forum for ideas. You are taking too personally my attack on the iPad. I'm not attacking YOU.

Who cares about the stupid iPad anyway? And what do I have to do to get you to listen to my music? Put a link here...?

Okay... if I must...

http://www.sammyjames.com/Music/summer.mp3

- Sammy
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

And yes, I am frustrated, but it has nothing to do with you or Septimo or anyone else on this forum. I love you all. I am simply at my wit's end over things about which you needn't worry.

Thanks though.

- Sammy
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Green tea treatment NOW!
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Sammy James's music NOW!!!

:)

- Sammy

P.S. It really IS all about the music. Music first -- music only -- music EVER.

P.P.S. Seriously -- listen to my stupid music and comment on it and I'll go away and leave you in peace. Seriously...!
Septimo

Post by Septimo »

I heard it.. sounds great, but so far everything I heard in your production is more than possible to duplicate it and surpass it on the iOS... If I didn't know better, I'd say your violin was played on thumbjam which by the way has a great violin, viola, and cello.. and not only that, you can set it to where you only play the correct keys for whatever solo scale you can think of, and it has loads of preset scales..

Again, if you don't know about something, don't have such concrete opinions on them... Cus you might change your mind..

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWJpHI9i2ic[/youtube]
SammyJames

Post by SammyJames »

Um... duplicate and surpass...

Really...?!

How is that exactly? On a single iPad, to have 20 tracks of content that is comparable to VST plug-ins? And to be able to master it all and publish it the way that I did (and believe me when I say that I am NO mastering engineer... but the fact remains that the computer has to do some flip-flops to process all of that audio...)

- Sammy

P.S. I forgot to mention something else: I'm a KEYBOARD player. I play the keyboard. That is what I play. I do not play a glass-covered touch screen. I refuse to play a glass-covered touch screen, much in the same way that I refuse to play a guitar. I CAN PLAY guitar, but I refuse to do it, because it is not what I play. It is not what I do.

I'm too old for this @$%!. I'm going to go away anyhow, because clearly, the world has gone strange.