Just ordered the camera connection kit

Forum for Apple iOS devices
Artemiy
Site Admin

Just ordered the camera connection kit

Post by Artemiy »

I may be late on this, but just ordered the camera connection kit for my iPad. Should be here in a week or so. I am really anxious to try my main iPad synths with the Akai LPK-25 controller, it's interesting how this package will feel.

BTW just bough the NLog Synth Pro, and it's really awesome. 4 oscillators with FM, ring and dual filters, 4 LFO's and 3 envelope generators. Although the UI isn't as pretty and convenient as that of iMS-20, but it's very capable nonetheless. Especially since you can record your performance as a .wav file and instantly e-mail it, that's quite neat! Plus you can export and share patch banks, something that I haven't seen in any other iPad synth.
Gil

Re: Just ordered the camera connection kit

Post by Gil »

I have iMS-20 and NLog Pro, and end up using only iMS-20. It has so much more character in my opinion.
NLog sounds nice but the interface is kind of slow, there's a delay when swithing between tabs which makes working with it tiresome for me.
I wish iMS-20 was polyphonic, like the computer VST version but I guess the iPad isn't powerful enough for that. This way it's more true to the original MS-20 I suppose, and it's still an incredibly inspiring synth.
I wish I had THIS to work with it:

http://synth.me/music-gear/synth-projec ... 0-ipad-app
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yeah NLog Pro was a bit of a disappointment. I expected much more for that price. NLog's interface is the main letdown, but also the sound is too sterile and it's not a true VA, it's oscillators are wavetables and they restart with every key press.

iMS-20 is indeed packing more character, and it's way more fun to use. Currently the kind of all iPad synths. Although I must say the Xenon app is quite awesome too, capable synthesis and nice interface.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Got the package today! It's so damn awesome! LPK-25 works well with the iMS-20, I am really enjoying it now on a new level.