Picked up my iPad 2 32 GB today

Forum for Apple iOS devices
EJ2

Picked up my iPad 2 32 GB today

Post by EJ2 »

Well, I just had to stand in line for my iPad 2 32 GB today. I guess Apple set the release time for 5 pm EST. Best Buy in St. Petersburg, FL started handing out chit sheets around 4:30 pm. By that time the line had already gone right to the back of the store and around again. Once they started processing orders, it wasn't long before I had my baby.

I sync with my MBpro, registered and started buying and downloading apps (Garage Band, Korg iMS20, iElectribe, Beatwave, JamPad - the latter two were free).

For some reason, my iPad can't find the same WiFi service my MBpro is accessing. But, I still managed to sync my downloads to my iPad. Very cool integration for getting apps into my iPad as a workaround.

Anyone else notice the volume is rather low for headphones? More to learn and discover. iMS20 is super, way beyond the MS20...Dual Kaos pads with many options and styles to choose from. This is really getting interesting.

Cheers,
JIm (EJ2)
piaknowguy

Re: Picked up my iPad 2 32 GB today

Post by piaknowguy »

Wow! Congrats Jim! =)
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Congratulations, Jim! You got a really awesome device that will surely change (and improve) many things you do in your life.

As about Wi-Fi, try to select and join your network manually in the system settings app.
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

Thanks, guys,
This thing is awesome. Don't know how I managed to get the volume output up. Maybe my headphone jack wasn't plugged in correctly. While I'm typing, I'm listening to a "Session" I created in the Korg iMS20. I dubbed it 'Warp Speed"...LOL. Incredible!

I'm wiped today. I stayed up to 5:30 am fartin' n' fiddlin' with this thing - buying/downloading apps to my MBpro and organizing them from my iTunes then dragging them to my iPad pages synched via USB. Now, I have to get the iOS 4.3 MIDI stuff figured out. I'm tempted to get over my sleep deprivation and head over to Sam Ash or other music store in the area to pick up Omnisphere 1.5 and the TR app.

Before I download the iPad 2 manual, how many apps can be functioning simultaneously? Or is that technology not available yet...? Another issue continues to crop up with the WiFi. I suspect it may have something to do with orienting the radio/aerial. The iPad is right next to my MBpro, but it can't see the same available connection that I'm using now. More to fiddle with, I guess. But, so far, most everything seems intuitive enough.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I recommend you to get Akai LPK-25 as iPad can power it via USB, this make a nice compact package.

As about apps, actually only one app at a time can fully work, others stay in background mode and their functionality is limited to network, audio output, stuff like that.
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

Hi Art,
Yes, it's either that one or Alesis Studio ioDock Pro soon to be out. https://www.alesis.com/iodock

Just downloaded GrooveMaker Free from IK Multimedia.http://www.padgadget.com/ipad-app-detai ... 638/11/1/4
Shit!!!! I can't believe all this is happening at such a great prices.
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

You have to download Inception...http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inceptio ... 35483?mt=8

Dream in the NOW....
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Wow, that seems very promissing Jim! Congratulations on your new "baby " :-)

I don't see the hour to get one myself...

Enjoy it
EJ2

iOS 4.3 presents a few glitches for some iPad 1 apps

Post by EJ2 »

Looks like iPad 2 and the new iOS 4.3 presents a few glitches for some iPad 1 apps. Intua, who put out, Beatmaker 2, sent a quick reply to my question about their app malfunctioning.
We have been recently aware of this situation, and we're sorry about it. Developers do not have access to the new hardware until it officially comes out, and many audio apps developers are having similar problems with the iPad 2. We are trying to fix the problem as soon as possible, and an update will shortly come up.
Just the other day I noticed that I'm also experiencing a similar problem with iMS20. Basically, what happens is the app closes and snaps back to the desktop when a particular area of the opened app is touched. I'll have to send off a note to Korg too.

Hopefully, the fix is in soon. Just the same, I am really impressed with iPad 2. The sound quality though my stereo headphones is quite good.
Grammar Wombat

Post by Grammar Wombat »

EJ2 wrote:Well, I just had to stand in line for my iPad 2 32 GB today… Best Buy in St. Petersburg, FL started handing out chit sheets around 4:30 pm.
Wow! Jim's User Profile states he is in Ontario, but he queued up for a Best Buy in Florida! That is one long line!
EJ2

Post by EJ2 »

Grammar Wombat wrote:
EJ2 wrote:Well, I just had to stand in line for my iPad 2 32 GB today… Best Buy in St. Petersburg, FL started handing out chit sheets around 4:30 pm.
Wow! Jim's User Profile states he is in Ontario, but he queued up for a Best Buy in Florida! That is one long line!
Hahahaha. I'm a snow bird who winters in St. Petersburg, FL. I didn't have to wait that long. I think I might have been one of the first 100 people in this area to get one. This thing is very cool. In fact, not 20 hrs after these folks purchased their iPad 2s, they put out a video. Here's a link to SonicState's news.
http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2011/03/ ... -purchase/

It was worth the short wait I went through. Once I got into line, it took about an hour and a half. I hear some people were in line for much longer than that elsewhere.