Artemiy
Site Admin

Good SH-01 sound demo from Musikmesse

Post by Artemiy »

Atziluth

Re: Good SH-01 sound demo from Musikmesse

Post by Atziluth »

@ Artemiy

Thank you for your post and this link to the vid. For this price and possibilities the GAIA SH-01 is amazing.

It sounds pretty good and the movement of one knob or slider is giving you so much new sounds at four fingertips.
I like the GAIA a little more than the SH-201and with the 3 OSC such sounds. Now, I have to wait till it is in the shops and buy one. And with this price you can't do anything wrong :-)

I hope there is a good arpeggiator editor and saving/transfering sound software.

One question: Are the effects now all accessible from the front panel or are there other functions hiden?

Can GAIA sounds be loaded from the USB-stick for playing (no need saving in the board itself)? Is it fast?

Can someone tell me about aliasing on the SH-01?

Cheers
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

I hope there is a good arpeggiator editor and saving/transfering sound software.

SH-01 saves patches into SVD files so I think it will have a Fantom-G-style Librarian. But I have no information yet, so won't speculate.
One question: Are the effects now all accessible from the front panel or are there other functions hiden?

Yes, each effect has 4 parameters that are adjustable via the knobs (some with SHIFT held). For example, bit crusher has dry/wet balance, filter, bit depth and sample rate parameters.
Can GAIA sounds be loaded from the USB-stick for playing (no need saving in the board itself)? Is it fast?

Yes you can access both internal and USB drive patch banks. You press the USB button and then choose the patch via bank/number buttons. You can also easily transfer banks between USB drive and internal memory.
madAhorn

Post by madAhorn »

Wow! Love It!!!!
Atziluth

Post by Atziluth »

@ Artemiy

Thank you for your answers and I am looking forward to this.

Here another link of a GAIA SH-01 demo:

The last part of this vid is very nice and shows a bit of the power:

http://www.sonicstate.com/news/2010/03/27/messe10-rolan...

Cheers
vox

Post by vox »

Omagad... The `Jump' riff right in the middle of the demo \o/

It's like playing Stairway to Heaven in a guitarist convention, I hope the guy had a bullet-proof vest under his shirt :')
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

I want ONE!!! Really what I was looking for, an upgrade to the SH-201!! I saw a better demo than this one, but can't remember where...
KRE8A

Post by KRE8A »

3 oscillators for the 64 preset sounds to shape and experiment with. I'm impressed. There's only one thing I'm really concerned with; I'm hoping the Key Bed will have a descent response feel, as this is one thing that is most important to keyboardists.
Otherwise, no criticism towards the synth. It looks and sounds absolutely magnificent.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Keybed is pretty good for such a synth. At least I haven't noticed anything about it that would make me feel uncomfortable. It's expression is precise enough.
Bombzix

Post by Bombzix »

If you save a Patch w/ Effects ect... Can you load these directly to the Fantom G? Or would I have to multisample?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

There rarely exist two synthesizers that can load patches one from another, because the patch structure and parameter always differs. So no, the Fantom-G will not load SH-01 patches, but you can of course sample them or record phrases into the audio tracks.