Forum for SH-01 GAIA
Artemiy
Site Admin

Dan Krisher's SH-01 unboxing video

Post by Artemiy »

dbijoux

Re: Dan Krisher's SH-01 unboxing video

Post by dbijoux »

That should dispell some of the Casio comparisons. It gives a better impression of the form seeing it unboxed and setup like that.

Still loving the 3 oscillators or is there a better way to describe? It's not just oscillators, but 3 filters, 3 LFO's...
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Officially, they're called "tones". So each tone has an oscillator, filter, amp, LFO and 3 envelopes. Moreover you can ring-modulate tones 1 and 2, or hard-sync them.
Zephyer

Post by Zephyer »

Hey...not bad Dan!

The opening of the box was beautiful! I prefer a little more aggression and excitement myself but definitely tasteful.

Now, the thing with the manual and CD...mmmmm...I like to just get right to it ..you know what I mean? Save the romancing for latter. But man...the way you grabbed GAIA and tore it from it’s box! Wow... I have no words. I only weep Dan...weep....pure art! The removing of GAIA’s Styrofoam sleeves was well-executed. I though the left sleeve (took it from the top ;-) was done better than the right. And I probably would have tossed them across the room, it was nice though. Now removing the shroud can be tricky business. And I was initially stunned at your masterful work. But then you started to stumble a bit near the end and you even tore it. Ahhh...a little disappointing. ;-)

Remove tape and pull...back ;-)...you should be a pro at that by now...what were you doing? I guess I can let it slide. After GAIA was exposed I could understand how you could have been a little nervous. That can happen when you have a real pretty synth. But try not to let that kind of thing happen to often, it’s embarrassing. ;-) The rest of the presentation was excellent, throwing GAIA on the stand, plugging it in and playing a few warm-up notes. That’s how it’s done.

I notice you edited the cutting of the tape at the start. I guess that part maybe a little much for public viewing...And it really didn't take to much from the moment.

A respectable job Dan! Thanks for that! Stay AWESOME! :-)