Is the arpegiator progamable?

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
francvania

Is the arpegiator progamable?

Post by francvania »

Artemiy, since you tested the GAIA, can you help me? Does the Gaia comes with an arp editor for PC like the SH-201 had or we are going to be stuck with the arp presets? Thanks in advance.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Is the arpegiator progamable?

Post by Artemiy »

I haven't seen the editor software yet, sorry.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

Perhaps this info might be written in the manual? Not sure.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

The manual doesn't mention this or the existence of a software editor as such. So we really do have to wait for Roland to start shipping the unit and the accompanying software (USB driver, Librarian) to see.
francvania

Post by francvania »

thanks Artemiy.The "unpacking" video mentions only a CD with the drivers.So,we have to wait for the first units. I really hope that Roland includes thearp editor.We'll see... thanks.
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

The SH-01 does not incude an Arp editor. You are currently stuck with the on board variations only at the moment. It is possible that this can change with a software editor that hopefully Roland will release. The GAIA comes with 2 CD Roms. One Rom contains videos about how to operate the GAIA a little bit, and the other is a Drive Only Disk. There is no editor on either CD Rom.
geerhoar

Post by geerhoar »

The below link takes you to a Gaia user-created editor that enables changes to arpeggios. This works for me on the PC, but not so well on the Mac.

Be sure to document the preset patterns before changing them so that you can change them back!

Cheers!

http://www.grauw.nl/blog/entry/645
Grauw

Post by Grauw »

Hey geerhoar, thanks for showing the way :). It should work fine on Mac OS X, one of the screenshots is taken on it, the project page has some special instructions you need to follow though.

I’m not really sure why you say to document the preset patterns? You can’t overwrite them, just select the preset again and it should be back to its original self.
EricWatkins

Post by EricWatkins »

Grauw wrote:Hey geerhoar, thanks for showing the way :). It should work fine on Mac OS X, one of the screenshots is taken on it, the project page has some special instructions you need to follow though.

I’m not really sure why you say to document the preset patterns? You can’t overwrite them, just select the preset again and it should be back to its original self.

So there isn't any way to keep custom arp patterns available for live performance? Can someone chime in on this. I just got my GAIA yesterday and although I'm enjoying the sounds, I really thought that I would be able to customize the arps. The phrase recorder is not a viable alternative to me.

Also, is there a way to make the arpeggiator retrigger from note-on instead of remaining on the internal clock? Hope I'm making sense with this question. It's just nice, when using arps live with a real drummer, to be able to reset the start point at any time. Thanks.
EricWatkins

Post by EricWatkins »

Ok nevermind. I got it to work. Using the free tool from Grauw, I was able to edit the arp to exactly what I was wanting and then save it with the patch. So awesome of you to provide this tool. Thanks SO much!!!