Hold Button + Pitch/Mod wheel

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
etidorhpa

Hold Button + Pitch/Mod wheel

Post by etidorhpa »

Hello to everyone,this is my first post at the forum.
Having the V-Synth XT (and controlling it from the Korg Prophecy), i think of buying the SH-01
as a good expansion to those.
A thing that always troubled me is that Roland's pitch bend/modulation lever always returns at the center,not allowing the user to set the lever to the modulation amount he wants to use.
As i saw in the manual the Hold Button is strictly for 'holding' down the notes played.
I think it would be a nice addittion if it could also 'hold' the mod wheel lever value allowing the player to have his left hand free..
is it something that could be fixed with a o.s. update?
cheers

+n-
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Hold Button + Pitch/Mod wheel

Post by Artemiy »

Well, to push HOLD and push the modulation lever, you need two hands. So this doesn't look like a good solution to me... Why not send the normal LFO to modulate the pitch?
etidorhpa

Re: Hold Button + Pitch/Mod wheel

Post by etidorhpa »

hi Artemiy, thanx for the reply and the great job you're doing here..
in my old Prophecy there is a Hold button that freezes the point (the value) you have achieved with the wheel..it's near the wheel,so you can reach it with the same finger..[and by the way it is a great controller for the v-synth xt]
i think if there were two dedicated wheels instead of one,the same result could be achieved,but it's not something that we first see in Gaia..Actually as i saw in the manual,Gaia's lever can be programmed for both the pitch up+down as well as for mod intensity which is really cool..

apologies for any mistakes in my English

+n-