How about the keys??

Forum for SH-01 GAIA
IgorCristo

How about the keys??

Post by IgorCristo »

Is it normal sized, or is it some of those tiny keys?? I was just curious, since I'm really planning to get it when it comes to my country ( Brazil ) .
Artemiy, Ricoche ....... waiting for an answer!!
Thanks!
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: How about the keys??

Post by Artemiy »

I think they are similar to those on the JUNO-G. Slightly more pleasant action, but about the same size (full width, only slightly shorter than on Fantom-G overall).
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

So I guess it will be a great addon to my Fantom-G8. It will make things a lot easier for me since the G8 is so damn heavy!
I liked this a lot from what I've seen on demos and reviews. I'm looking forward the release!! Can't wait!!!!

Thanks for replying me. =)
Ricoche

Post by Ricoche »

I have the Roland SH-01 GAIA and I can definitely say the keys are a tiny bit smaller than conventional size, especially the black keys. It's not a problem at all in my opinion and certainly they are not as small as the microkorg stuff, but they are smaller then say a Korg X-50 or Triton which I also have. I also find that the GAIA black keys are a tiny bit round at the top and narrow so if your hands get sweaty they tend to slide off easier. This is fine if you do lots of grace notes, but otherwise it's kind of a feeling you have to get used to. I notice some other synths have flatter black keys on top. This is minor I know, but it's something to mention.

Jim
Electrowind51

Post by Electrowind51 »

I like the keyboard feel of the Gaia. Igor mentions the weight of his G8 being a problem. I got rid of my triton extreme for that reason, as well as an RD150 and Hammond XK2. My new rule is no keyboard over 20 lbs. I play an M50 61 and Radias with my Gaia.
IgorCristo

Post by IgorCristo »

I want to sell my FG8 for getting a V-Synth GT. I really like synthesis and I think the GT will be a GREAT piece to pair with my Gaia (even with the GT being able to do more things than the Gaia). I am hoping to see a new V-Synth with three tones as the Gaia... waiting for Musikmesse!
Great set Electrowind51, and yes, weight is a BIG PROBLEM!